Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pin box

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin box

Hello, can anyone who has a MoRryde rubber pin box or something similar give me some advice on it? I get some bucking from time to time with my stock pin box. Thanks!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Demco Glide Ride on our previous fifth wheel and have a MORryde dampened pin box on the new Solitude. Both are excellent pin boxes and eliminate the chucking. You don't say what rig you have or what type of hitch you're using, but be aware that there are a few dampened pin boxes (such as the RotoFlex) that are not compatible the Andersen Ultimate hitch or the PullRite Ultra-Lite. If you're using a standard fifth wheel hitch, you're good to go with any of them.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We had a Demco Glide Ride on our previous fifth wheel and have a MORryde dampened pin box on the new Solitude. Both are excellent pin boxes and eliminate the chucking. You don't say what rig you have or what type of hitch you're using, but be aware that there are a few dampened pin boxes (such as the RotoFlex) that are not compatible the Andersen Ultimate hitch or the PullRite Ultra-Lite. If you're using a standard fifth wheel hitch, you're good to go with any of them.

Rob
    I have a 2019 Reflection 33rls with standard pin box with a capture plate. My hitch is a 16k Pull Rite Super Slide hitch. Thanks Second Chance!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I also have a pin box question: I just learned that my new Momentum 399th is coming with a 21k pin box. In and if itself this isn't a problem, though I also learned that the GVWR will cap at 21k, even with the 8k axle upgrade, and GD apparently isn't offering up any upgrade options for the stock pin box.

Are there any pin boxes out there with ratings in the 22k-24k ratings?

I would have thought that the 8k axle upgrade would buy me a little more than 1k in GVW capacity. Granted, I did pickup an extra 1,000#, but still....

Am I over thinking or expecting too much?
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW