User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch ? for Reflection 150 owners

I am looking at a Reflection 260RD or possibly the 295RL. My tow vehicle is a F250 6.7 with a short bed. The guy at the stealership said I did not need a slider hitch with the turning point. He recommended a B&W that mounts to the turnover ball.While I like that idea I'm not sold on the fact I won't hit my cab. What are you guys towing with? I have had several TT's but never a fifth wheel so I'm kind of out of my element.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Turning Point pin box is designed to eliminate the need for a sliding hitch. It moves the pivot point back so the half width of the RV won't contact the truck cab on a tight turn. A sliding hitch would be redundant.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a B&W slider hitch for my short bed knowing that I would probably move up from the.. 295RL eventually. I have never used the turning point.
    Something to think about if this might not be your last 5th wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fly4fun View Post
    I am looking at a Reflection 260RD or possibly the 295RL. My tow vehicle is a F250 6.7 with a short bed. The guy at the stealership said I did not need a slider hitch with the turning point. He recommended a B&W that mounts to the turnover ball.While I like that idea I'm not sold on the fact I won't hit my cab. What are you guys towing with? I have had several TT's but never a fifth wheel so I'm kind of out of my element.
    We have the Curt A16 hitch with a Curt Wedge, don’t use the lippert wedge. It works great with the Turning Point Hitch set to swivel, see my signature for all our specs
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    We have the Curt A16 hitch with a Curt Wedge, don’t use the lippert wedge. It works great with the Turning Point Hitch set to swivel, see my signature for all our specs
    Mark
    What in the world is a wedge? Pardon my ignorance.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwalters2112 View Post
    I bought a B&W slider hitch for my short bed knowing that I would probably move up from the.. 295RL eventually. I have never used the turning point.
    Something to think about if this might not be your last 5th wheel.

Good point. I have thought of that as well, but I think when the time comes to upgrade, if i even do,It will be time for a new truck anyway and I would get a 350 DW. I am single so I really can't see myself wanting a big monster trailer to pull all over by myself.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fly4fun View Post
    What in the world is a wedge? Pardon my ignorance.
    A wedge is a part that keeps the king pin from rotating on the hitch so the Turning Point will do its thing.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't listen to the "stealership" with the turnover ball you must lockout the turning point box and use it like a fixed pin box. I am looking at the same issue and called both b&w and lippert. Both said no to using the turning point feature with that hitch mount. Slider or Anderson are your options to get tighter turn radius.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    A wedge is a part that keeps the king pin from rotating on the hitch so the Turning Point will do its thing.

Rob
    Thanks for the explanation Rob.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRKC5123 View Post
    Don't listen to the "stealership" with the turnover ball you must lockout the turning point box and use it like a fixed pin box. I am looking at the same issue and called both b&w and lippert. Both said no to using the turning point feature with that hitch mount. Slider or Anderson are your options to get tighter turn radius.
    I don't know where you got your information, but the Andersen (it's spelled with and "e") does not help with tight turning. I pulled a Reflection 337 over 12,000 miles with one.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast