User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haloveiw backup camera install

My wife got me a Haloview RD7 Wireless Long Range Backup Camera for my birthday off Amazon Prime Day for $272 plus tax. I will be getting it tomorrow. Has anybody install one? I saw a video where a guy used double stick tape to run the wires across the top instead of using screws. Have you done this if so what kind of tape would you recommend?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Haloview system came with the extender antenna and cable. It included mounting cable ties with adhesive pads to stick on the roof. They have held up nicely. If your system didn't include the extender antenna and cable, you can get the cable ties here with the protection kit. https://www.haloview.com/cable-protector.html As long as you clean the spots on the roof before putting down the ties, they stick very well.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While my cable mount 3M adhesive pads have only been on for a couple months, so far, they are working well.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Haloview with three cameras and had the rear camera stopped working maybe 3 months old. Haloview/Amazon were quick to do a warranty replacement. The biggest part of the install for me was deciding where and how to mount the monitor. I put mine on top of the dash in the Ford center tray. Used a small block of wood painted black to get it at the optimum height. Powered it from one of the Aux switches so I could leave it powered down when not towing. Also put a micro SD card in it and it constantly records like a dashcam.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    While my cable mount 3M adhesive pads have only been on for a couple months, so far, they are working well.
    Thanks this is good to know. Now I'm wondering where to put the monitor because I also have a Garmin RV770.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, I bought the 7" monitor. While it's nice, 5" would have been better for not taking up too much dash space. I found in the middle as low as possible the best, with my Garmin higher.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Ya, I bought the 7" monitor. While it's nice, 5" would have been better for not taking up too much dash space. I found in the middle as low as possible the best, with my Garmin higher.
    I installed mine the other day and took it out love it. Like you I wish I had a 5" screen. t\Took me a bit to install the camera. When I took it off the mount it was on to install the adaptor I put the swivel mount on wrong, it only pivots one way and the the part for the shade needs to go on one way. The holes for the screws would not tighten, there is nothing in back to tighten too. So I filled them with silicone and lowered about 1/2".

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckog View Post
    Thanks this is good to know. Now I'm wondering where to put the monitor because I also have a Garmin RV770.
    You don’t mention what rig you are pulling, but if it’s a 5th wheel, a mirror mount is a good option. https://www.haloview.com/haloview-mi...a-monitor.html

It’s where you are used to looking to see behind you so it works well. Took me about 15 minutes to route the power up the pillar to the mirror area.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana