User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water tanks

Sorry if this is a repetitive question. We just bought a used 2018 momentum 349M and a few of my gauges aren’t working on the one control system. Black tank shows 100% full and gray tanks showing 33%. My fresh water isn’t showing anything but when I first filled up the tank with fresh water it didn’t show anything until the next morning it was showing 66%. Not sure how the tanks work if there is just one fresh water tank or two tanks. I went to fill it up today and the over fill tube in the back water was coming out of that one but not the one in front. Any help with any of these issues I talked about would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vmtz93 View Post
    Sorry if this is a repetitive question. We just bought a used 2018 momentum 349M and a few of my gauges aren’t working on the one control system. Black tank shows 100% full and gray tanks showing 33%. My fresh water isn’t showing anything but when I first filled up the tank with fresh water it didn’t show anything until the next morning it was showing 66%. Not sure how the tanks work if there is just one fresh water tank or two tanks. I went to fill it up today and the over fill tube in the back water was coming out of that one but not the one in front. Any help with any of these issues I talked about would be greatly appreciated.
    I can't address whether there's one or two fresh water tanks, but I can tell you that the sensors/monitors on tanks a notoriously inaccurate. After a while you'll learn how much/how full your tanks are. I believe there are typically one fresh, two grey, and one black tank on most rigs.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a scare with our fresh water tank. At a full hookup site, came back to the rig after being gone all day and water was coming out of the fresh water overflow.
    Turned out when I switched the Kant leak valve to city fixtures, I didn't exactly center it, so it diverted water into the fresh tank.
    Zip tied a spare hose to the fresh dump valve and drained it.

Am I correct that the grey & black water tanks have no over flow valve, the blue and red low point drain lines are fresh water only?

Thanks,

John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is correct John.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    Bit of a scare with our fresh water tank. At a full hookup site, came back to the rig after being gone all day and water was coming out of the fresh water overflow.
    Turned out when I switched the Kant leak valve to city fixtures, I didn't exactly center it, so it diverted water into the fresh tank.
    Zip tied a spare hose to the fresh dump valve and drained it.

Am I correct that the grey & black water tanks have no over flow valve, the blue and red low point drain lines are fresh water only?

Thanks,

John
    The black and grey will vent through roof.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis - Fumes vent through the roof, but not fluids, correct?
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    Curtis - Fumes vent through the roof, but not fluids, correct?
    If you overfill the gray tank it will just back up the sink or shower and fill that. If you overfill the black tank, it will back up to the toilet and give you a surprise when you flush next or if that doesnt happen it can eventually fill up the vent line and out the top. That's also assuming the vent pipe is secured well to the tank and it doesnt start leaking at that connection and then spilling into the underbelly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH