Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay thanks, bottom fan runs with another power source, 5 amp fuse is ok,
    maybe the thermal disk is not working properly.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the same issue with my 5 amp fuse blowing which started a few days ago(2021 Momentum 395MS). I disconnected all of the factory fans, removed the small bottom factory fan, and added two 120mm fans I got from a local best buy. Added a 3rd fan directly on the bottom vent to pull more air in. I already had two 140mm titan fas on the top vent. Seems to be working ok. It's 89f and my temps are 34/4F with the fridge set on 9. I may try the 7.5 amp fuse to see if I can get the other pair of factory fans working although I'd really like to replace them with better fans...they do look hard to get to though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corsair Fans Norcole RV Fridge copy.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	35286

Name:	Lower Vent Fan Norcold RV Fridge copy.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	35287

Name:	Titan Fans Norcold RV Fridge.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	35288
    Last edited by RichAP; 07-06-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    It’s under the black plastic cover on the circuit board.
    okay found the fuse it is okay, so used a small battery to power the fans and away
    they go.
    Don't want to run them this way, there is supposed to be a thermal disk but can't find
    it. Why do they not run on there own power, another fuse sometime or the thermal disk?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skippypg View Post
    okay found the fuse it is okay, so used a small battery to power the fans and away
    they go.
    Don't want to run them this way, there is supposed to be a thermal disk but can't find
    it. Why do they not run on there own power, another fuse sometime or the thermal disk?
    If you remove the upper vent and look at the heat exchanger up there, on the left end of the cooling fins, you should see the small thermal disc that controls the fans. Keep in mind, that disc is not adjustable as far as temperature settings and is set to come on when the temperature of those cooling fins reach 130 degrees. As I've stated before, and is strictly MY opinion, not coming on until 130 degrees is too late for the fans. I believe that they should come on sooner than that.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichAP View Post
    Having the same issue with my 5 amp fuse blowing which started a few days ago(2021 Momentum 395MS). I disconnected all of the factory fans, removed the small bottom factory fan, and added two 120mm fans I got from a local best buy. Added a 3rd fan directly on the bottom vent to pull more air in. I already had two 140mm titan fas on the top vent. Seems to be working ok. It's 89f and my temps are 34/4F with the fridge set on 9. I may try the 7.5 amp fuse to see if I can get the other pair of factory fans working although I'd really like to replace them with better fans...they do look hard to get to though.

Name:	Corsair Fans Norcole RV Fridge copy.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	35286

Name:	Lower Vent Fan Norcold RV Fridge copy.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	35287

Name:	Titan Fans Norcold RV Fridge.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	35288
    As a reference point.....I have a 2018 Momentum 394M with the Norcold 2118 fridge. I have done the door flap fix, as mine was hanging up also....and I added a set of Titan 120mm fans to the upper vent (inside the vent cover and blowing outward) and I now can keep the fridge at setting 3 or 4, depending on the outside air temperatures that day. An example is: Outside air temperatures in the mid to upper 80s.....setting three and temperatures are 33/34 in the fresh food area, and 3 or 4 degrees in the freezer section. When the outside air temperature starts creeping up into the mid 90s or so, I usually bump up the setting to #4 . That will keep approx. the same temperatures in the fresh food section and the freezer section as I stated.......33/34 and 3/4 degrees.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12