User Tag List

Thread: Window

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window

I may have found another reason to consider double pane windows. While the campground was being mowed, a rock found its way to my rear window at high velocity. 🙁. Glass everywhere inside and out. Head of the mowing crew took pics and said he would get the process started. Gorilla tape and plastic sheet should have me ready for the trip home.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with a claim.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    I may have found another reason to consider double pane windows. While the campground was being mowed, a rock found its way to my rear window at high velocity. ��. Glass everywhere inside and out. Head of the mowing crew took pics and said he would get the process started. Gorilla tape and plastic sheet should have me ready for the trip home.
    Man that sucks !! Hope nobody hurt...and yep, good reason to take a hard look at double panes ! Good luck.
    Life consists of two dates separated by a dash...Make the most of the dash !

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    I may have found another reason to consider double pane windows. While the campground was being mowed, a rock found its way to my rear window at high velocity. . Glass everywhere inside and out. Head of the mowing crew took pics and said he would get the process started. Gorilla tape and plastic sheet should have me ready for the trip home.
    There are good reasons to get double-pane windows - we have them - but I'd guess that this isn't one of them.

There are lots of stories of broken double-pane windows. Since the two panes are no tougher than those used in single-pane windows - if even AS tough - and since they are separated by very little space (much less than your home windows) a double-pane window would almost certainly have been broken by the rock that broke your single-pane window.

And it would be more troublesome and costly to replace.

We're glad we have the windows we do, but projectile resistance isn't one of the things we value in them.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, stopping rocks was NOT one of my criteria for buying the double pane windows. (I'm sure the OP meant that you should consider NOT buying double pane windows, because they could get broken by a rock from a lawn mower).
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20