User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stock Televisions on M399th

Does anyone know what brand and model televisions GD is installing on the Momentum line in general, and the 399th in particular?

Are they "smart TVs" of decent quality?

I'm trying to plan the entertainment system in advance of delivery, and my dealer hasn't been particularly helpful in finding this out for me.

TIA!
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they havent changed in 3 years, they are not smart TVs and are the TCL brand. We swapped out the main TV for a Samsung smart TV and added a Samsung blue ray player and sound bar, night and day difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If they havent changed in 3 years, they are not smart TVs and are the TCL brand. We swapped out the main TV for a Samsung smart TV and added a Samsung blue ray player and sound bar, night and day difference.

Finally got an email back from the GD rep this afternoon. He says they're TCL, but they're supposed to be smart. I suppose time will tell. TBH, I'm getting a bad feeling about the whole deal. You ever get one of those?
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always think you should trust your gut feeling. I'd ditch the main TV get a better one even if it is a smart TV, those TCLs are pretty much garbage. If you're having a bad feeling about the whole deal make sure you do an extra thorough PDI before accepting delivery, make them fix things before you sign. We did that and you'd be amazed how fast they have a tech working on it, if you until afterbyou sign, good luck on a timely fix. I'm sure you'll be happy after you get it home; we're coming up on 4 years of ownership and are still happy overall with it.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I always think you should trust your gut feeling. I'd ditch the main TV get a better one even if it is a smart TV, those TCLs are pretty much garbage. If you're having a bad feeling about the whole deal make sure you do an extra thorough PDI before accepting delivery, make them fix things before you sign. We did that and you'd be amazed how fast they have a tech working on it, if you until afterbyou sign, good luck on a timely fix. I'm sure you'll be happy after you get it home; we're coming up on 4 years of ownership and are still happy overall with it.

Thanks for the pep talk. I needed it. Getting straight answers from anyone at the dealer or GD has been tenuous at best. My plan is to have it professionally inspected before we sign. My sales guy got an "Oh $h!t" look on his face when I told him that. I don't think he's ever had anyone do that before.

I noticed by your sig that you also have a 399th. Did it come with 4 TVs? Do you use a satellite TV setup? If so, how did you do it? Do you happen to have a sat/Cable wiring diagram you can share? I have an idea how I want to connect it up, but need a sanity check.

Lastly, are there any "gotchas" specific to the 399th I need to be aware of? Anything other than the normal stuff that happens to all coaches. It's going to be home for as long as we're physically able to do it, so I want to get it right the first time.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Thanks for the pep talk. I needed it. Getting straight answers from anyone at the dealer or GD has been tenuous at best. My plan is to have it professionally inspected before we sign. My sales guy got an "Oh $h!t" look on his face when I told him that. I don't think he's ever had anyone do that before.

I noticed by your sig that you also have a 399th. Did it come with 4 TVs? Do you use a satellite TV setup? If so, how did you do it? Do you happen to have a sat/Cable wiring diagram you can share? I have an idea how I want to connect it up, but need a sanity check.

Lastly, are there any "gotchas" specific to the 399th I need to be aware of? Anything other than the normal stuff that happens to all coaches. It's going to be home for as long as we're physically able to do it, so I want to get it right the first time.
    You're welcome.

Good plan on the professional inspection, in sure the peace of mind and thoroughness will be well worth the cost.

We dont use the satellite or cable connection. We've hooked up a TV cable once or twice and it only tried it on the main room TV. I cant help with a diagram, but I have heard the connections on the back side of the couplers can be loose, so that is something to check if it isn't working.

Our rig did come with 4 TVs, all TCL. We only swapped out thr main TV since that's what is mostly used. Our bedroom TV we have a Roku that we plug into it at times (it does have an Hdmi port). The TV in the garage has a Nintendo Wii and a DVD player hooked to it for the kids and we never really use the outdoor TV. The garage DVD player was pretty much a car DVD player and eventually died. I installed a shelf for a residential DVD player and use that. I took the existing 12V wires from the old DVD player and installed a 4 port USB charging station.

Other things specific to the 399 are the 2 porches. Keep an eye out for water intrusion. I figured it out by noticing some rust and I noticed our side porch had some small tears in the seal. I used Rustoleum rust reformer on the surface rust and put some silicone on the seal, so far , so good.

If you want to know about other specific mods I made feel free to ask.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TV's are TCL with ROKU. (Smart TV's)
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 303 came with a TCL and we added ROKU to extend its capabilities. I figure I didn't buy a truck and 5th wheel and drive hundreds of miles only to watch television when I get there. Try the stock TCL units and see if they meet your needs before you spend you money on upgrades.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    Our 303 came with a TCL and we added ROKU to extend its capabilities. I figure I didn't buy a truck and 5th wheel and drive hundreds of miles only to watch television when I get there. Try the stock TCL units and see if they meet your needs before you spend you money on upgrades.
    I hadn't intended to upgrade the TVs at all. I just wanted to know for sure what were installed. It's going to be our FT home for as long as we're able, and we do like our creature comforts. Smart TVs are a nice bonus, but not mandatory. We'll have satellite, and we have a couple of fire sticks for when we have decent cell or wifi, so we should be good to go.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a 399TH as well and can confirm that 3 of the 4 TVs are smart, but the one in the master bedroom is not. It's a different brand and not smart. I hope I didn't get swindled by my dealers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast