User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jillhope7 View Post
    I just purchased a 399TH as well and can confirm that 3 of the 4 TVs are smart, but the one in the master bedroom is not. It's a different brand and not smart. I hope I didn't get swindled by my dealers!
    Your build/serial number sheet should show what was installed at the factory. If the dealer took something out and replaced it, you should know.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that tip. Indeed it had the info that I was looking for. Apparently the bedroom wall in the 399 is a little too small for the smallest available TCL smart TV, so the 28" non-smart Logix (which apparently isn't even made anymore) is the standard.
    Last edited by jillhope7; 09-07-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a 399TH as well and can confirm that 3 of the 4 TVs are smart, but the one in the master bedroom is not. It's a different brand and not smart. I hope I didn't get swindled by my dealers!
    It won't be the dealer that screwed up; it'll be GD.

It's interesting to note from a followup post that the smallest TCL TV no longer fits on the available wall, so they reverted to a 28". What did they install before? @FT4NOW, what is installed in your BR?

Further to the BR TV, is it on a fixed mount (completely unmovable), or a swingarm mount? IIRC, the TV is awkwardly positioned for viewing from the bed.

I ask this as our 399th is due to arrive at our dealer on 9/15, and I'm now more curious what's coming.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    It won't be the dealer that screwed up; it'll be GD.

It's interesting to note from a followup post that the smallest TCL TV no longer fits on the available wall, so they reverted to a 28". What did they install before? @FT4NOW, what is installed in your BR?

Further to the BR TV, is it on a fixed mount (completely unmovable), or a swingarm mount? IIRC, the TV is awkwardly positioned for viewing from the bed.

I ask this as our 399th is due to arrive at our dealer on 9/15, and I'm now more curious what's coming.
    Our bedroom TV is TCL, as were the other 3. None of ours were smart, but they do have hdmi and USB ports. We hooked up a roku to the bedroom TV and replaced the main TV with a Samsung smart TV and added a sound bar. We didnt find the angle of the bedroom TV to be terribly awkward, and the bracket is at a fixed angle. It is one of those brackets that is 2 pieces and shaped like a 'V' so the TV easily slides up for removal without any tools if you need to get to the back of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I noticed ours was fixed as well. I was thinking I might try to change out the mounting and use an adjustable so that I could use the TV as a computer monitor as well, but I'm not sure that will work. I had assumed that there was a stud behind the TV that could handle the added torque if the TV was extended, but I've since learned that the panel below the TV grants access to the shower plumbing. Therefore I'm now guessing there isn't a stud there and that's why the TV is fixed. I'm going to call GD tomorrow to ask about stud placement.

It sounds like there used to be a little more room on the 2017 rig, or perhaps TCL used to make a 28" TV? Based on what I find from GD, I might try to swap the outdoor Smart TV for the one in the bedroom. If I can angle it, it should fit.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I noticed ours was fixed as well. I was thinking I might try to change out the mounting and use an adjustable so that I could use the TV as a computer monitor as well, but I'm not sure that will work. I had assumed that there was a stud behind the TV that could handle the added torque if the TV was extended, but I've since learned that the panel below the TV grants access to the shower plumbing. Therefore I'm now guessing there isn't a stud there and that's why the TV is fixed. I'm going to call GD tomorrow to ask about stud placement.

It sounds like there used to be a little more room on the 2017 rig, or perhaps TCL used to make a 28" TV? Based on what I find from GD, I might try to swap the outdoor Smart TV for the one in the bedroom. If I can angle it, it should fit.
    This is definitely a change from 2017. Our plumbing fixtures in the shower are on the right side of shower as you are looking at the shower door. The panel to gain access to the plumbing on mine is the back wall, top shelf of the pantry.

If you are looking at a swivel mount, you might consider mounting it to the adjacent outside wall assuming you can line it up to hit a stud, and use drywall anchors for any other holes that dont hit studs. Careful with length of drilling and drywall anchors do you dont pierce the very outside of the camper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12