User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries....it wasn't a hard mod. I may have gone overboard with the polyurethane, but it works. The covers no longer fall out and our feet don't get cold! I'm glad you like it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    Is the base in yours 80x60 so that it goes edge to edge on the queen size mattress rock?
    Finally got around to measuring and I have 3in over yang at each side and front.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We switched to sleep number mattress that is identical to what we have at home. So, we have quality sleep no matter where we are.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took out the original plywood and replaced with a 1/2 inch and made the sides wider to fit a true queen (60x80). It did cut out some space around the bed but allows us to sit on the side of the bed and have the comfort of the mattress we want. We can still walk around the bed. We also made a footboard to keep the forever sliding covers in place.
    John & Margo Cooper
    Retired & Loving Life
    2017 F250
    2014 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen on a full platform

We put our select comfort in on 3/4 in board. Shifts a little during travel, but works great at night! You may want to round the corners so you don't scrape up you legs.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put our select comfort in on 3/4 in board. Shifts a little during travel, but works great at night!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a week in Yellowstone of (trying to) sleep on the factory 6" thick queen mattress, the lower back pain was killing me, even with a memory foam topper. So I removed the mattress from the wood foundation and no wonder the mattress edges are so droopy... the foundation is made for a Full size mattress (75"x54") not a queen size (80"x60")! The wood that flips up for under-bed storage only extends to 52" wide and 74" long. The cheap pad they put in it hangs over 4" on each side and 6" on the end.

Has anyone found a reason why they would do that? Was it designed originally to only have a Full size mattress, but they threw in a queen size for marketing purposes? I am thinking of cutting a new 3/8" plywood board in the proper dimensions to support a queen size mattress... then get a better mattress. Has anyone done this already?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    Just changed mine in Reflection 230
    RL but I used 3/4 plywood.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weatherwax View Post
    Just changed mine in Reflection 230
    RL but I used 3/4 plywood.
    Didn't 3/4" plywood stick up 3/8" higher than the rest of the bed deck? I used 3/8" plywood and it matched perfectly. I need to cut some of the corner molding to make it fit, but I'm almost done with the job... now I need to find a decent mattress. :-)

By the way, the GD support tech didn't have a reason why the deck is made for full size, but the mattress is queen size.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a week in Yellowstone of (trying to) sleep on the factory 6" thick queen mattress, the lower back pain was killing me, even with a memory foam topper. So I removed the mattress from the wood foundation and no wonder the mattress edges are so droopy... the foundation is made for a Full size mattress (75"x54") not a queen size (80"x60")! The wood that flips up for under-bed storage only extends to 52" wide and 74" long. The cheap pad they put in it hangs over 4" on each side and 6" on the end.

Has anyone found a reason why they would do that? Was it designed originally to only have a Full size mattress, but they threw in a queen size for marketing purposes? I am thinking of cutting a new 3/8" plywood board in the proper dimensions to support a queen size mattress... then get a better mattress. Has anyone done this already?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    When I changed to 3/4 I changed all the ply wood. My trailer had 1/2 plywood and was starting to sag in the center reason to change to larger plywood.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mattress was literally the first thing we replaced. I have some significant orthopedic issues so it was a must. The heavier mattress required a heavier base. I cut the new base to match the new mattress exactly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0707.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	29041
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG0708.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	29042
    That's a 3/4" birch ply base works great.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast