User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same setup and just posted on a separate thread. My charge controller also has a 'power' connection (picture of a lightbulb). I'm wondering if I need to connect the charge controller into another set of wires that power the lights etc? There are only two sets of wires in the storage compartment - I assume one is battery and the other is solar panel. Maybe I don't need to connect a third set of wires to the controller?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biltron View Post
    I have the same setup and just posted on a separate thread. My charge controller also has a 'power' connection (picture of a lightbulb). I'm wondering if I need to connect the charge controller into another set of wires that power the lights etc? There are only two sets of wires in the storage compartment - I assume one is battery and the other is solar panel. Maybe I don't need to connect a third set of wires to the controller?
    Depending on the controller you have; On the controller you'll have an icon of a solar panel which is where your wires from the panels connect, an icon of a battery which is where you'll need to run from the battery source to controller and an icon of a lightbulb as you describe. That is for an external 12v light you might want to connect to for use outside. I have a 20 foot cord on mine to use as I please but is just for use much like you might need while checking your dump hoses or anything you need lit up in the dark.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Meanwhile I found a very informative website that goes into some depth on solar for RV. I found the information very practical and useful: https://www.parkedinparadise.com/charge-controller/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the same set up as I have on my 2021 Imagine 2670MK, I have just finished the install and connected my cables with MC4s into the Jaboni box. Does the Jaboni box cover go back on some how? Is it required to go back on? There are no holes in it to feed the wires through, and since MC4s are water proof (supposedly) does the cover just stay off after install?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left mine off
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I followed all your posts from early 2020 in your quest for answers for the solar prep wires. You obviously figured it out. Did you ever post what you did? I want to do pretty much the same setup. And to anybody, does the solar charger and the SP converter work independently when hooked up to shore power?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Single or two pairs of mc4 ports on roof with default solar prep?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowefamily View Post
    Single or two pairs of mc4 ports on roof with default solar prep?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
    single pair red/black

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser102 View Post
    my new 2250 has solar wiring on the roof, i see where it goes to in the storage bay, i don't see wiring to battery, anyone have info on adding the charge controller and if the battery wiring is close by?
    On the 5ers the wires are coiled up in the front compartment, on the TT like my reflection, they are coiled in the front by the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and thanks for the input. I have 22MLE and would like to install a BB solar to my 2021 22MLE, it sound easy, the wires are already in the pass-thru. The kit comes with solar charge, so it should be straight forward. Or am I missing something?
    Thanks! Ziggy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast