User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ziggy,

The install is fairly straight forward, at least it was on my unit. The wires in the pass through are already connected to the roof box and the 12V side of the electrical panel. Just cut the wires and put your charge controller in line where you cut it. You should install a fuse on the positive line on the solar panel side of the controller, refer to your panel specs to determine the correct fuse size. It's also a good idea to put a shut off switch on the solar panel side of the controller as well, the controllers could be damaged by having power into it if there is nothing connected on the battery side, like if you ever remove your batteries for example.

Instead of a fuse on the solar panel side of my controller, I installed a breaker, that way I have the current protection of the fuse and the convenience of the breaker to be my switch. I also put a breaker on the battery side of the controller too, so that I can protect the batteries from an over current if the controller fails and use it as a switch to isolate the controller from the batteries if I need to. If you do the same, just remember to always turn off the solar breaker before you turn off the battery breaker so as to not have current flowing into the controller without a place for its to go.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

If I can figure out how to upload a photo of my set up, I will do so.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zygmunt View Post
    Hello and thanks for the input. I have 22MLE and would like to install a BB solar to my 2021 22MLE, it sound easy, the wires are already in the pass-thru. The kit comes with solar charge, so it should be straight forward. Or am I missing something?
    Thanks! Ziggy
    Confirm if the TPMS TireLinc dock is wired to your solar prep wiring first. If it is, remove it before you hook up your solar panels or you will burn up the docking station.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They make a big deal in the advertising about the solar prep. In reality they have run a couple wires and placed a roof connector on it when they build the trailer. Yes it makes it easier but it’s far from solar ready. You should fuse it as well as have an on off switch in the positive side .
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Thanks! I appreciate the update. I think I am going to oder the kit from BB and install. My son is an electrician and he is going to assist me.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a dimensional roof layout for the 2250rk? I am going to install solar and would like to design my panel layout so they are close to the solar box on the roof. I would rather not have a mess of extra wire up there. Was thinking of an L pattern as the panels have only 2.3’ of wire each that connect together and to the roof connection with mc4 connections.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading your response just for entertainment when something caught my eye. You said that you added a relay to the pump to stop the lights from flashing. Can you go into detail about that? I have the same issue with my 27BHE, especially since I added a dimmer to the ceiling lights. Are you saying that the ground/return is poor on the pump? I also had to upgrade the grounding and the strapping in my project, but for a different reason. See: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...Amp-LiFe-(PO4)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123