User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for parks in Branson, could not recommend Branson Lakeside RV Park. It is a great location, walking distance to shopping, restaurants and it is right on the river.....however the NOISE from the Highway 65 and the train was extremely annoying. If you don't particularly like peace and quiet at your campsite, it would be OK. Just my humble opinion from out visit.
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Norcalrv1
    Fantastic news, thank you. Guadalupe was another park under consideration. Thank you so much for the information, this is one great group. The news tonight says that Nashville and Branson have terrible weather. that has got to change. Thank you again for all of the great information. March 1 we are on the way.
    Rod

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to Branson lots of places to stay but some parks are limited in rig size. Table Rock Lake State Park has some full hookup sites that are pretty nice. The KOA is a nice park but rates are on the high side (JMHO). The Branson Lakeside RV Park is in old town Branson next to the Landing. You could trout fish out your front door. Branson Stagecoach seems to be well thought of also. I have some friends that winter in Buckhorn every year, a great place according to them.

Steve and Lynne
    In Branson, we stayed at the Pea Patch RV Park. $22.48 per day on Passport America, no mention of limiting number of days. The park is very basic, with pull-through sites, a decent laundry, and a great couple caretaking. It is close to theaters, easy to access and not noisy as I remember. They have a website, www.peapatchrvpark.com. I don't think length of your rig will be a problem.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are numerous Passport parks in the Branson area, Pea Patch would be at the bottom of my list. If you want to be in that same area, across Hwy 76 is Musicland Campground. Do not know if it is a Passport Park. JMHO

Steve and Lynne
    Doing a little research because of goldsp8's post- yes upon looking at the Musicland website and seeing their layout and amenities, coupled with the fact that it is less than $20. per day on a three day stay with Passport America, as they say in Minnesota, it's a heckuva deal! A lesson learned by me- just because it is a top tier park in an area, it still may be the best choice financially. As many of you know, Passport America is a true 50 percent off of the daily rate. A majority of parks have restrictions such as- not on weekends, not during certain months, 1 or 2 day maximum stay. We have been on the road in our eleventh month and have saved a lot with Passport America, and by this example will learn a great lesson! That's one more thing I love about this forum and Grand Design owners, that we can help each other learn good stuff!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fredericksburg steak house now closed; it is a burger place. Other good places to eat. Checked out the Buckhorn--looks great.

Robert
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Norcalrv1
    Great information here. I have heard that Branson has some issues with their parks being small and difficult to use. Thank you for the information. Maybe we will stay outside of Branson somewhere. We will look into the Music land web site and see what we find for Nashville. We have arrived in Kerrville and are at the Buckhorn Lake RV resort. Lots of room for big rigs, concrete pads, laundry rooms, hot tubs, pools, and exercise rooms. Got here late yesterday and it has been raining since so no time to explore yet. Steve and Lynn glad that Passport has been working for you. There are lots of restrictions with it, however.
    Rod
    Fairfield, CA
    2014 337 RLS 263
    2014 RAM 3500-awsome truck

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't mind the drive, Outdoor Resorts had a place down in Blue Eye, MO. It is South of Branson, right down on the Arkansas border. Super nice place, right on Table Rock. Just a drive into town is the only draw back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12