User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Norcalrv1

Heading for Kerrville, TX; Nashville. and Branson any advice ?

Getting ready to leave Quartzsite and heading for Kerrville, Nashville, and Branson. Never been to these places. Anybody got any great advice for us? Thanks.

Rod Zebb
    Fairfield, CA.
    2014 337 RLS #263
    2014 RAM 3500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only Advice I have is to eat at the Lakehouse. The best fried fish you can get anywhere. The Lakehouse
    2015 F350 CC 4x4 KR High Capacity Tow Package
    2014 Momentum 355TH #770
    2014 Yamaha Adventurer 2+2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Norcalrv1
    Thank you will do. Appreciate the info. We are staying at the Buckhorn Lake RV resort, supposed to be very nice. Nothing like being retired and travelling around. After that we are headed for Alaska. Got to do these things while you can.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rod,
    Although I have not yet stayed at the Buckhorn, I have picked that place to stay in April when we go down. When you are there, take a trip over to Fredericksburg. A world-class museum there--the Museum of the War in the Pacific. Artifacts inside include airplanes from the war. I enjoyed most the recordings made in the 1960's of veterans describing their experiences in different battles. Each is around 2 minutes and they are placed in different locations in the museum. Also I had one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. Don't know the name of the restaurant, but I will be there next week and I will eat another one and then post the restaurant name (if it is still good).

On the way to Alaska stop for an extra day at Kluane Provencial Park in Canada. Beautiful lake and park.

Robert
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you are in no hurry to go to branson. Has been kinda cold, Twentys during the day and single digits at night.
    2015 Reflection 303rls
    2013 Gmc 2500HD Duramax

White Beard
    Just stayed in Kerrville Texas about two weeks ago. By the River RV park. Wish I could remember address. It's a good sam park. Easy to find on Good Sam site. Great Host.

Norcalrv1
    Sounds fantastic, thank you. We will be on the way March 1 and must leave the RV park on April 8. Maybe we will see you there.
    Rod

Norcalrv1
    Crazy weather. The West Coast gets no rain, wind, or winter of any kind. The Midwest and East are getting killed with weather. Ya know, that is really cold. We didn't get there last year because of the stupid weather. I am a native of Calif. and I do not understand cold weather. My wife lived in New York for a while and she keeps telling me that I just don't get it.
    We will keep an eye on it, thanks.
    Rod

Norcalrv1
    We are staying at the Buckhorn RV Resort for a month. Hope that we will have a good experience like you did.
    Is Carson City filled with black smoke and pollution like last year. It was terrible in January last year which is unfortunate because I really like Carson City. I used to stay at a brick hotel on the main N/S drag and walk around the capital buildings at night with no fear. I really liked the town.
    Rod

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stayed a Buckhorn several times, a very nice park; exceptionally clean and friendly. They host several RV rallies each year and know how to cater to campers. There is also a great RV park on the river, Guadalupe River RV Park with great sites along the river, plus the have an on-site saloon with drinks, snacks and live music in season. (another one of our favorite parks in the area)
    Marvin & Marion
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2008 Ram 2500HD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast