Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Retirement

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    No problem here keeping busy. I have triplet 8 y.o. boys. Also our landscaping was destroyed by our contractor when they remodeled our house. As a result, I'm not doing it all myself. Learned a lot about installing sprinklers, landscape lighting, setting posts, wiring up security cameras, etc. Oh and I have to paint the house as well since it's been 6 years since the remodel, and the heat here in the Sierra Foothills causes a lot of thermal cycling. I'm busier now than ever but having fun doing it!
    WOW, when I said stay busy I never imagined your days.
    Enjoy those boys, they will be grown and gone before you know it.
    have fun:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    I finally did it after 35 years as of 9/1/2020 I will be retired . Now I hope to take some long trips I have already called and extended my trip in September and hope to take more this year need to get wife on board with that idea if not it will happen next year
    Welcome to the brotherhood.

Be forewarned, if your retirement goes like mine, you'll wonder in a few months when you had time to work. 😉 Then you learn to say "no" and get your time back
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    2017 Ram 2500 CC, 6.7L Cummins Diesel 🐏
    2022 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I guess it’s retirement time. August 31st was my official last day. I have mix feelings because I will miss the work but I will enjoy camping almost anytime. Living in Northern Utah doesn't allow camping all year round. But it will allow me to make it to Southern Utah a few times up to the end of the year. My wife won’t allow us to travel away to far or long because of the grand kids.
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    Wow. I guess it’s retirement time. August 31st was my official last day. I have mix feelings because I will miss the work but I will enjoy camping almost anytime. Living in Northern Utah doesn't allow camping all year round. But it will allow me to make it to Southern Utah a few times up to the end of the year. My wife won’t allow us to travel away to far or long because of the grand kids.
    Same with me I will miss some of my co workers ( not many ) love that I dont deal with the commute

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    ...My wife won’t allow us to travel away to far or long because of the grand kids.
    Please, no disrespect intended... When i read that line I immediately thought of Martin Lawrence's (and his wife's) character in the movie Wild Hogs.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never saw the movie but I bet it was a good one.
    Lynne and Lance
    2023 Solitude 2930 Current and Forever
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Traded In
    2016 Reflection 297RS. Traded In
    2022 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel CC SRW SB
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel Traded In

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I retired 4 years ago. I miss the camaraderie off the job with the guys, sometimes it was like being at boy scout camp and other times it was like being in a whirlwind of danger, excitement, fear and the unimaginable.When I first retired from the job, I still was doing some private sector work for the first couple of years, then things changed. We took guardianship of our then 8 yo grandson. He's autistic and mentally challenged and now thats my job. He/we have always camped and love it. We just purchased our fifth 5er and went with the 31MB. It by far is our favorite of all the units that we, my DW of 40yrs and I, have ever had. With the mid bunk, the little man has his own room and he really enjoys it. I too look back and wonder how I ever got anything done when i was "working". Making sure my GS has a good life is probably the most important job Ive ever had.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234