0 Thread(s)
    What he ☝️said

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyellowfin View Post
    Thanks Rob,
    Those were my exact feelings as well. Standard pin Box for this model has no cushioning features so we would be exposed to more clunking when we start and stop or drive on rough roads. If the G rated Westlake tires are good tires then I am pretty comfortable replacing the current pin box with a MORyde Pin Box System like RPB72-1621HD-05.

Thanks again for your opinion,
    Marcel
    Have you considered the Reeese GooseBox?

We really love our Reese GooseBox and wouldn't trade it for any other system.

Having your full truckbed available when you are not towing is only one of the features we like about our GooseBox, having a smooth ride, where we often comment to each other, (that) "We can't feel the 5th Wheel behind us" is the real reason we love the GooseBox !!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyellowfin View Post
    Second post as a new member, I need your great advise to decide which you would select if given a choice. We are ordering a new 2930RL and the wife wants to upgrade to H tires for added safety and I would like to upgrade the pin box for a better ride and less wear and tear on the rig. I know some of you may be thinking, happy wife, happy life, but I honestly believe the G rated Westlake tires are adequate for a couple of years of camping.

The wife always cautions on tire safety as we had a flat tire on a downhill mountain road a few years ago that was really scary to say the least.

Thanks for your help!

Marcel & Donna
    Future Grand Design 2930RL Owner
    2020 Ford F350 6.7L SRW 4x4 Lariat LB
    Hi cyellowfin, welcome to the forum. I'll add my 2 cents regarding your questions. I just bought a used 3350RL in AZ. the G rated Westlakes on the trailer have been sitting in the AZ low humidity for two years. I just towed it back to MN (about 1900 mi trip) and the tires performed very well, no issues. I have also had two other Grand Design Imagine trailers with Westlake tires. One trailer two seasons and about 10,000 miles and the second trailer one and a half seasons and 9,000 miles. No tire issues what so ever. Proper loading, proper inflation should serve you well. I switched out the pin box to a Goosebox and wow, what a smooth running rig. My brother in law was with me and he was so impressed with the towing, he is having his dealer install a Goosebox on his brand new RiverRanch 390RL. Happy and safe travels. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Hi cyellowfin, welcome to the forum. I'll add my 2 cents regarding your questions. I just bought a used 3350RL in AZ. the G rated Westlakes on the trailer have been sitting in the AZ low humidity for two years. I just towed it back to MN (about 1900 mi trip) and the tires performed very well, no issues. I have also had two other Grand Design Imagine trailers with Westlake tires. One trailer two seasons and about 10,000 miles and the second trailer one and a half seasons and 9,000 miles. No tire issues what so ever. Proper loading, proper inflation should serve you well. I switched out the pin box to a Goosebox and wow, what a smooth running rig. My brother in law was with me and he was so impressed with the towing, he is having his dealer install a Goosebox on his brand new RiverRanch 390RL. Happy and safe travels. Frank.
    Hello,
    We ended up staying with the G rated Westlakes and substituted for the MoRyde pinbox. We have taken the rig on several short 200-500 mile trips and we are happy so far with the ride. We have a 2000 mile road trip up to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in June and I'm sure that will be good shake down test on the ride. I'll switch over to a goosebox if I am not happy before our next big two month trip to the southwest/Colorado in September.

Nothing beats first hand information. Thanks again for all your input, I'll update you all after my June trip.

Safe and Happy Travels!

Donna & Marcel
    Grand Design Solitude 2930RL
    2020 Ford F350 12,400 6.7L LB Lariat 4x4 SRW
    Fall/2021 - 1480 Watt Solar System to be Installed by "The Dry Campers"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12