User Tag List

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Full Timing Thing Isn't That Bad!

Since we went full time Aug 1st, I'm finding it isn't all that bad! (with a big grin on my face). Since we sold and closed on the house, that worry is gone. Now living in our GDRV at a long term park, I get up in the morning @ 6-630, get the coffee going, then watch about 30 minutes of news then turn off the tube, can't stand it any more. Get the latest news on the storms heading to the gulf. Eat some breakfast then take my coffee outside, set in my chair and enjoy the sunrise and the cooler Texas summer mornings. I am usually joined by a few RoadRunner birds chasing after their morning breakfast through our site, funny creatures.

Then its back inside to do the 3S's, sometimes I skip shaving. Now on to the days activities. We usually dump tanks every 4 to 5 days, with full hookups we don't skimp on water usage. If no tank maintenance then I have a look at my maintenance schedule (see attached page 1 of 4 pages) to see what needs to be done on the rig. Last Sunday morning it was particulately cool so I decided to treat the slide seals, get up on the roof and give it a good inspection. I wanted to take a good look at the MaxAir vent up there anyway to see if it had the cover mounting points, it does, need to get that maxAir cover ordered. Changed both AAVs the other day. I have been checking the propane system with a sniffer since we had a regulator go out and I replaced it along with the pigtails. All seems good no more propane leaks. I also got some new batteries and Orings for the TST TPMS sensors, going to take one of them apart and change the batteries. Might take a walk down to the office and check the USPS box to see if my Escapee's mail has come yet.

Getting close to noon and hot, so inside we go for a glass of sweet tea, and I browse the two forum boards, this one and the Escapee's forum. I limit myself to only two forums, that is enough information and sometimes silliness for me. I try not to be a keyboard buzzard hovering over the keyboard waiting for somebody to post something I can reply too. Been reading a lot though.
    We still haven't decided on what to do about full time health insurance, we have just before Nov 1st to get that done, its a narrow window to get a subsidy to off set the premiums, been reading a lot and still dazed, confused and skeptical. Use the Wife's COBRA for two months, darn expensive! Its kind of a double whammy cause we got to have it for Nov-Dec, then decide weather to continue with the same policy or select a new one starting Jan 1st for 2021. We are still thinking about a Texas Blue Cross/Shield HMO policy, since we will return to Texas every year for the winter and will be in network at that point. If we are out of Texas through the spring/summer/fall we will only use doctors or hospitals in an emergency, so the emergency out of network portion of an HMO would cover it. But you have to read closely the policy provisions and the small printed type to make sure what your getting. Then I turn 65 come July 6th 2021, then its the whole medicare debacle. Sometimes they through the whole alphabet at you Parts A,B,C etc, makes you feel like you are swimming in alphabet soup.

Well seems like I have enough to keep me busy, or I just tell myself, it doesn't need to be done today. Maybe I will get my fishing pole and drown a few lures. Hey this full timing thing isn't that bad!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maint 1 (2).jpeg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 08-24-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have also done a lot of reading on the full time lifestyle especially from places like https://www.rv-dreams.com/ and the Escapee's web site. We also have some friends from the Texas Chapter Escapee's group, Tom & Stacey, they fulltime in a Tiffin MH and have blazed a path for us and the RVers that subscribe to their channel. Tom and Stacey did a full timing seminar at the last RV Expo in the Austin Convention Center. They have seen pretty much it all living on the road.

Based on all these inputs we put together our own full time budget and actual cost spreadsheet which we update every time we purchase something. You can actually download spreadsheets from https://www.rv-dreams.com/ for a modest cost if you wish or create your own. One thing its told us, Boy are we blowing out our food and grocery budget, we noticed the cost of some food items have gone up. Diesel fuel budget is ok though with it being $1.84 / gal right now. I didn't anticipate spending $179.72 for RV parts repairs in August. It keeps us busy keeping tract of our lifestyle.

One new purchase we are looking at is some type of new grill. The HEB grocery had a special on thick T-Bone stakes, its been awhile for us to splurge and we wanted to celibate going full
    time. Tried to cook them on our small grill, not an easy thing to do. Tom and Stacey got a DavyCrocket pellet grill, they seem to like it real well. We will have to work it into our budget.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have such a rough life.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Escapees is great. Been using them full time for 19 months now. We just did a really good video reviewing them if you want more info. Hope it helps.
    https://youtu.be/fx4A0KkNxYI