User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to change Westlakes?

I have a 2020 Solitude 344GK with G rated Westlakes that it came with. We bought in August of of 2019. Just checked the dates on the tires...2818. That means the tires are over 2 years old already. Should I replace them now? And with what? Thanks.
    Last edited by GaryinGlobe; 08-24-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryinGlobe View Post
    I have a 2020 Solitude 344GK with G rated Westlakes that it came with. We bought in August of of 2019. Just checked the dates on the tires...2818. That means the tires are over 2 years old already. Should I replace them now? And with what? Thanks.
    There have not been any G rated Westlake tire issues that I am aware of. 2 year old tires should still be fine but totally up to you if you are starting to get uncomfortable with them. I have E rated Westlakes on my 297RSTS that were manuactured in 4416. We bought the trailer in September 2018. So far they are holding up well so hopefully I have not jinxed myself now. I will likely change them out next year when they hit the 5 year mark and we have had the trailer for 3 years.

If you are going to replace them and it was me I would go with the Sailun 637 tires. These are highly regarded on this and other forums.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    There have not been any G rated Westlake tire issues that I am aware of. 2 year old tires should still be fine but totally up to you if you are starting to get uncomfortable with them. I have E rated Westlakes on my 297RSTS that were manuactured in 4416. We bought the trailer in September 2018. So far they are holding up well so hopefully I have not jinxed myself now. I will likely change them out next year when they hit the 5 year mark and we have had the trailer for 3 years.

If you are going to replace them and it was me I would go with the Sailun 637 tires. These are highly regarded on this and other forums.

Rob
    That’s good advice, thank you. We are weekend warriors and the tires probably have around 1000 miles on them. I’m thinking next summer. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad and Tara from "Changing Lanes", just had a blow out with their Westlake "G" rated tires. They had around 27,000 miles on them and they were not sure if they maybe hit something in the road or what exactly happened. They tow a 397TH and they are full time, so that trailer is right at the GVWR for the trailer........20,000 lbs. Sounds to me like the Westlakes, at least the G rated ones are great tires.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Chad and Tara from "Changing Lanes", just had a blow out with their Westlake "G" rated tires. They had around 27,000 miles on them and they were not sure if they maybe hit something in the road or what exactly happened. They tow a 397TH and they are full time, so that trailer is right at the GVWR for the trailer........20,000 lbs. Sounds to me like the Westlakes, at least the G rated ones are great tires.
    I saw that. I guess I’m ok for a while. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryinGlobe View Post
    This is discussed in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x99FBmR6OrI
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodoz View Post
    This is discussed in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x99FBmR6OrI
    Thanks for the response. This video was very informative. I’m not so nervous about a changing a tire now. I do have the TPMS system and glad I do. Thanks again.