User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Followup. Discontinued using the Turning Point pin. Noisy, hard to hitch at times and the sway was ridiculous. Locked it out and could not be happier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Reflection 150 2200RK that has a Turning Point pin box. I have a Reese 15K 5th wheel hitch that I had in my previous truck that did not have any issues. I put new rails in my 2022 GMC 1500SLT with the same hitch now I have developed a side slap that has slop in the hitch and causes a trailer whipping issue. I just went on a 4000 mile trip where the ride was sketchy and twice whipped so bad I came close to wrecking. Same hitch, came pin box, totally different situation. The only difference is I needed to move the wedge to use a different truck to take the camper to winter storage. Now, I can not get the wedge right. What I know, the wedge is 1/8" narrower that the slot on the plate. I purchased a Reese 15k wedge on the road but it has the same dimensional difference. On the Reese I have a cross bar that locks across the hitch pin. If I set the wedge too close to the pin I can not lock the hitch. If I set it slightly loose, the wedge slaps the side of the lead-in on the plate. What is the issue? Any ideas?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strobie View Post
    I have a Reflection 150 2200RK that has a Turning Point pin box. I have a Reese 15K 5th wheel hitch that I had in my previous truck that did not have any issues. I put new rails in my 2022 GMC 1500SLT with the same hitch now I have developed a side slap that has slop in the hitch and causes a trailer whipping issue. I just went on a 4000 mile trip where the ride was sketchy and twice whipped so bad I came close to wrecking. Same hitch, came pin box, totally different situation. The only difference is I needed to move the wedge to use a different truck to take the camper to winter storage. Now, I can not get the wedge right. What I know, the wedge is 1/8" narrower that the slot on the plate. I purchased a Reese 15k wedge on the road but it has the same dimensional difference. On the Reese I have a cross bar that locks across the hitch pin. If I set the wedge too close to the pin I can not lock the hitch. If I set it slightly loose, the wedge slaps the side of the lead-in on the plate. What is the issue? Any ideas?
    First off, @Strobie, it looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. To get the best response to your question, it's usually best to start a new thread rather than adding to an old one. Sorry, I can't help with your hitch issue, but I'm sure there are many experienced folks here who can chime in.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12