User Tag List

Thread: Chevrolet TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chevrolet TPMS

Hi Folks, So I am considering adding the Chevy tire pressure monitors to my GD 310GK. However, I can't find any information on whether they will handle the 110 PSI of my tires. I contacted Chevy and they said call the dealer. The dealer has no specs for the monitors. Has anyone been through this?
    Last edited by Myhoppy; 08-25-2020 at 08:03 AM. Reason: add signature

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be interested in the same info as well.
    Dean And Monica
    Brighton, Colorado
    2021 Grand Deign 311 BHS
    TV: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (aka Grumpy Smurf)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Ford F350 with TPMS (don't worry, it's not contagious) and it has the ability to have monitors added for the trailer tires, only problem is that Ford's TPMS system is not at all sensitive (20 PSI drop before alert). Consequently, I have decided to add a third party TPMS with remote monitoring that can also monitor the temperature of the trailer tires.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myhoppy View Post
    Hi Folks, So I am considering adding the Chevy tire pressure monitors to my GD 310GK. However, I can't find any information on whether they will handle the 110 PSI of my tires. I contacted Chevy and they said call the dealer. The dealer has no specs for the monitors. Has anyone been through this?
    Considering doing the same. If you do, please post your results.
    -Rob-
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I just found another piece of the puzzle. In a GMC forum there was a discussion about the TPMS that said you have to have a Schrader module located behind your license plate to interact with the tire modules. I looked at mine and the module is there. So, I think I just need to buy the tire modules. I still don't know if they support 110 PSI but I'm still searching.
    2020 Chevy 2500HD Duramax High Country
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    Heritage Todd Creek, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I just found another piece of the puzzle. In a GMC forum there was a discussion about the TPMS that said you have to have a Schrader module located behind your license plate to interact with the tire modules. I looked at mine and the module is there. So, I think I just need to buy the tire modules. I still don't know if they support 110 PSI but I'm still searching.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    Heritage Todd Creek, CO

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More info from the GMC thread: you can get 4 of the tire modules from Ebay. I checked and they are selling a set of 4 new ones for $89. That sure beats the dealer cost of $300! it was also posted that the GM sensors only go to 102PSI but I think that would be fine for me. Also noted was that the batteries in the sensors are not replaceable so you would need to buy new ones. Hope this helps you all.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    Heritage Todd Creek, CO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a new 2020 3500 Chevy last October. It came with 4 TPMS sensors to install on trailer rims. The dealer said "bring the rig down to the Service Dept. when you get it and we'll put them on" (2020 344GK). I did that, but the sensors were only for 60 psi max. Even the dealer agreed that it makes no sense (no pun intended) for GM to put small utility trailer TPMS sensors on a one ton truck, or any full size truck for that matter. I too searched GM truck forums to find a solution at the time but came up blank. I was told that the system in the truck is good only for 100 psi max., but not confirmed. Even if that was the case I'd put on the correct sensors and set the low alarm at 99 psi for the trailer just to have at least some warning.

Good luck, I hope you find something that will work and I'll be watching too.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike & Marta
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD CC standard bed Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride 184 hitch