Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full time 310 storage

Is anyone full timing in a 310? We are considering buying one for full time . I think it has enough storage for the basics but is there room for hobby equipment: fishing, hiking gear, crafts, etc.?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of folks full-timing in the Solitude 310GK. My wife carries a sewing machine (behind the theater seats) and some supplies in tubs in the overhead storage. We have bikes on a rack on the back. There is room in the basement and front compartment for a tackle box and rods. Hiking gear is not bulky, so I'm not sure what you mean there. We used to carry a Sea Eagle inflatable kayak but weren't using it, so we gave it to the kids. There's a lot of storage in the bedroom, too - especially if you don't install a washer/dryer. We did, so we lost that closet for storage space. The 310 is very doable for full-timing. It's rather low on CCC (cargo carrying capacity) from a weight point, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am concerned about the CCC. Do you have a generator?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We full time in our 310GK and have no problem with a lack of storage or CCC. Of course, it depends entirely on the individual. Would I like more room? Sure! I'd like to have a shop full of tools, a full size work bench, etc, etc. But, we packed our RV knowing what our limitations were and it works fine for us.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Bair View Post
    I am concerned about the CCC. Do you have a generator?
    Forum hint: use the "Reply With Quote" (as I have done here) and folks will know whom you are addressing. For now, I'll assume it was me...

No - we do not have a generator (but, as mentioned, we have a washer and a dryer). We have solar and a couple of Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries. Our MORryde independent suspension installation (with hydraulic disc brakes) added about 400 lbs. of unsprung weight. We are at the GVWR with empty tanks, but with the MORryde, I'm not concerned about it. If you have CCC concerns, consider the 8K axle factory upgrade option with disc brakes and load range H tires. That package officially increases the GVWR by 1,000 lbs. Had that been available when we ordered, I would have seriously considered that.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Forum hint: use the "Reply With Quote" (as I have done here) and folks will know whom you are addressing. For now, I'll assume it was me...

No - we do not have a generator (but, as mentioned, we have a washer and a dryer). We have solar and a couple of Battle Born LiFePO4 batteries. Our MORryde independent suspension installation (with hydraulic disc brakes) added about 400 lbs. of unsprung weight. We are at the GVWR with empty tanks, but with the MORryde, I'm not concerned about it. If you have CCC concerns, consider the 8K axle factory upgrade option with disc brakes and load range H tires. That package officially increases the GVWR by 1,000 lbs. Had that been available when we ordered, I would have seriously considered that.

Rob
    We went with the 8k axel option on our 310. The sticker says GVWR is 18k lbs. Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    john and betty
    2019 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axle ratio
    2020 GD Solitude 310GK
    "Wherever you go, there you are" -Buckaroo Banzai

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Rob said, great choice and exactly what we're getting for extended touring after we empty nest next year. Grand Design just began offering optional upgraded axles (8,000lb in lieu of 7,000lb), better suspension, disc brakes and a better shock absorbing pin. I haven't checked yet, but, would be very surprised if the more robust axles didn't offer considerably more cargo weight capacity. Worth checking.
    Mike & Donna McGee
    2016 Imagine 2500RL
    2017 Ram 3500 SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhepburnjr View Post
    We went with the 8k axel option on our 310. The sticker says GVWR is 18k lbs. Very happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just to make sure I read this right, GVWR = 18K lbs??? Thanks, Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    just to make sure I read this right, GVWR = 18K lbs??? Thanks, Frank.
    Yes - with the 8K axle and disc brake factory option.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Yes - with the 8K axle and disc brake factory option.

Rob
    Wow, that's quite a boost, from 15K to 18K. Thanks Rob.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast