Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Wow, that's quite a boost, from 15K to 18K. Thanks Rob.
    Yeah - personally, I think the engineers low-balled it by about 1,000 lbs. with the stock 7K axles. Nothing is changed with the chassis or the pin box with the 8K upgrade to move it up 3,000 lbs. (2,000 lbs. for the axle upgrade and...???).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Yeah - personally, I think the engineers low-balled it by about 1,000 lbs. with the stock 7K axles. Nothing is changed with the chassis or the pin box with the 8K upgrade to move it up 3,000 lbs. (2,000 lbs. for the axle upgrade and...???).

Rob
    Problem is, still the weak point in the hangers! The V-clip reinforcing is nice, but a band-aid versus real engineering. There is a reason that trailers regularly designed for 8K and up axles largely use fabricated hangers, not cold bent strap, and have cross members between the hangers. The problem is Lippert and their gobbling up everyone to become the chassis monopoly. The industry actually lost better suspension hanging setups like the original Open Range for instance... IS or Dexter air would be bee's knees as standard for 14K up camper trailers IMO.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Problem is, still the weak point in the hangers! The V-clip reinforcing is nice, but a band-aid versus real engineering. There is a reason that trailers regularly designed for 8K and up axles largely use fabricated hangers, not cold bent strap, and have cross members between the hangers. The problem is Lippert and their gobbling up everyone to become the chassis monopoly. The industry actually lost better suspension hanging setups like the original Open Range for instance... IS or Dexter air would be bee's knees as standard for 14K up camper trailers IMO.
    ... I couldn't agree more... and that's why we have the suspension system in my signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, new here but I'd like to add my opinion as a new owner of a 310GK-R. We started looking at GD about a year ago and I had analysis paralysis on which model fit our lifestyle best. We decided on something less than 37 ft due to the fact that a lot of state parks we visit are not set up for huge rigs. And since there is only 2 of us (Retired) the 310 made the most sense.

My wife and I previously snowbirded (Montana to Texas) in a 34 ft 2000 Gulfstream Yellowstone Capri XL.
    Now that we traded that unit in and literally moved everything out of our old trailer into the new trailer Monday, I'll say that everything fit.

There is plenty of room for wife's crafts (in roll away tubs) and our golf clubs (our main winter hobby)

I intend to put shelves in the overhead storage above the fold out couch and perhaps some sliding shelves in basement when we return home in April. This will not expand our storage but rather make it more organized.

We are both loving the 310 so far after 5 days! I know longer bump my head in the bedroom ceiling (I'm 6'1") and the king bed is great although we are going to upgrade the mattress.

Going from 2 slides to 3 slides gives our 2 Chocolate Labs more room as well.

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 12-25-2020 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Hi all, new here but I'd like to add my opinion as a new owner of a 310GK-R. We started looking at GD about a year ago and I had analysis paralysis on which model fit our lifestyle best. We decided on something less than 37 ft due to the fact that a lot of state parks we visit are not set up for huge rigs. And since there is only 2 of us (Retired) the 310 made the most sense.

My wife and I previously snowbirded (Montana to Texas) in a 34 ft 2000 Gulfstream Yellowstone Capri XL.
    Now that we traded that unit in and literally moved everything out of our old trailer into the new trailer Monday, I'll say that everything fit.

There is plenty of room for wife's crafts (in roll away tubs) and our golf clubs (our main winter hobby)

I intend to put shelves in the overhead storage above the fold out couch and perhaps some sliding shelves in basement when we return home in April. This will not expand our storage but rather make it more organized.

We are both loving the 310 so far after 5 days! I know longer bump my head in the bedroom ceiling (I'm 6'1") and the king bed is great although we are going to upgrade the mattress.

Going from 2 slides to 3 slides gives our 2 Chocolate Labs more room as well.

Congratulations and Welcome. The 310 is one we have on our radar for a future upgrade. Enjoy and Blessings in your travels. Merry Christmas.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12