Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for 337 Owners

I will be getting my truck soon (2017 F250 King Ranch) and the 5er that my wife and I really like is the 337. The 337 was right on the edge of the max size that we wanted to get, but the bed slide and bigger bathroom are too good to pass up.

My question is have you had many or any issues getting into federal and state camp grounds due to the size?

I've been lurking for some time and learning a lot from all of you and can't wait to get everything and hit the road.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have yet to encounter a campground with a size limit. Every campground has some number of large rig sites. For some, this might be only a few sites. So, it's not that they won't be able to fit you in, it is that you may have to book well ahead of time to get one of their large rig sites.

BTW, make sure that your F250 limits line up with loaded 337 numbers.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some state and federal parks that has limits that you won't be able to get into but there is always one close by that will allow bigger RV but it maybe commercial one. Look at the bright side, most commercial parks have better amenities.

Agree, a fully loaded F250 has a very limited payload and don't believe what says on the webpage since those are stripped down to the bare bones trucks. Adding options decreased payload sometimes down to the point the 337 would be over the payload but under that max tow. I've seen fully loaded diesel F250 with a payload of 2,000lbs. You would be better off just going straight to the F350 since they ride the same and cost isn't that much more. No need to for dual rear wheels.....
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But dual rear wheels will assure you are not overloading your rear axle and tires, and also give you more stability and safety! IMHO educated opinion! Plus if you go bigger in the future.....
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Crew Cab long box DRW Ram now. Travel primarily along the length of the Atlantic coast. Stay in State Parks for the most part but will overnight at a KOA or such when we don't have to unhook. Have yet to find a place that can't accommodate us. That said, we always reserve ahead so there's no last minute drama. The issue is more around the number of sites that meet our needs.

In terms of the tow vehicle....our previous GMC 2500HD Duramax was over weight for GVWR by about 800lbs. There is an aux 50 gal fuel tank in the box and generator. Even with that tank empty we were over. With the DRW Ram and the same set up and the tank full, we still have about 1800lbs capacity.
    Chris
    Kanata ON
    2015 337RLS, 2014 Ram 3500 DRW CTD Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've only been out twice, both times to State parks, both times no problems at all with length. Interesting that the two each had back in sites from both sides (one curbside, the other driver side). Plenty of width to get the rig in, and as I mentioned neither had length issues. We're in Oregon/Idaho (one in each).
    Marlin & Laree Snyder
    Piper (Golden Retriever)
    Baker City, OR

2016 Reflection 337RLS (Piper's new dog house that she condescends to allow humans to inhabit occasionally)
    2016 Dodge RAM 3500 Shortbox Mega Cab 6.7L Diesel SRW
    Mopar (Ha! Curt) 25k Hitch

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...pswxidsicb.gif

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was checking on several in California and found a long list of parks that don't take RV over 35 foot. Here is the list of over 60 California state parks that have restrictions of 35 feet or less. http://www.parks.ca.gov/RVlength/
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've not run into any problems with the length of the 337. The F250 will handle the 337 just fine. I put Firestone airbags on mine to help with leveling and it softened the ride also. I would still have my 2012 F250 if it not quit on me with 13,000 miles. I will say my F350 is not much different handling the 337, but I did go with the long bed also. You will enjoy the entire set up.
    Chris & Kelly-- Tulsa
    Reflection 337 #217, SOLD 7-3-2017
    2015 Ford F350 CC LB
    B & W Companion
    2016 Solitude 369

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pin weight on our loaded 337 is right at 3,000 lbs. Make sure your F250 has that left over for payload after people, fuel, hitch and stuff are all loaded in the truck and weighed.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2017 F250 is a completely different generation truck with a much more rigid frame. It's going to be interesting to see what the improved capabilities are of the new generation. I've been looking for the specs. online, but have not spotted the Build One in Ford.com for 2017.

They reported the horsepower and torque ratings last week, and they've got the strength to tow about anything. But do they have the springing? Time will tell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast