User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide driveshaft hitting the rear auto-level mounting bracket

We were hearing a banging sound from the kitchen slide while extending and retracting. So I had a look. The slide driveshaft hitting the rear auto-level mounting bracket on our new 2020 295RL. Looks to me that GD was aware of this when it left the factory, I see that someone obviously cut away a bit of the bracket on both sides of the mount, I can see the "grinder" marks on the bottom of the auto-level bracket, but still hit the bracket. (Tried to post pictures but could not, maybe pics are to big?) There is about a minus 3/8" difference from the top of the auto-level bracket to the bottom of the slide on the opposing slide. Has anyone come across this issue, or have a fix without major surgery?
    Thank you in advance for any help.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBill55 View Post
    We were hearing a banging sound from the kitchen slide while extending and retracting. So I had a look. The slide driveshaft hitting the rear auto-level mounting bracket on our new 2020 295RL. Looks to me that GD was aware of this when it left the factory, I see that someone obviously cut away a bit of the bracket on both sides of the mount, I can see the "grinder" marks on the bottom of the auto-level bracket, but still hit the bracket. (Tried to post pictures but could not, maybe pics are to big?) There is about a minus 3/8" difference from the top of the auto-level bracket to the bottom of the slide on the opposing slide. Has anyone come across this issue, or have a fix without major surgery?
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    I'd immediately be in contact with GD to fix this. Or give you a new, correctly assembled, rig.

Regarding posting pictures, you need to be a paid member to do so.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I have a called them. Waiting for a callback.