User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damaged scissor jack.

Last outing I damaged the right front scissor jack on my 2018 imagine 2500 rl. I think it is beyond repair so i want to replace. Is there anything i should know before trying to order one?
    Bill and Sandy Omaha Nebraska
    2018 Ford 150 3.5 Ecoboost Max tow
    2018 Imagine 2500 rl

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would order the same brand so the same crank handle works on all of them (unless it’s electric).
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willybuger View Post
    Last outing I damaged the right front scissor jack on my 2018 imagine 2500 rl. I think it is beyond repair so i want to replace. Is there anything i should know before trying to order one?
    When we had our Imagine (2950RL) the scissor jacks were very weak, very thin metal construction. The coach would get the wobbles when someone walked across the floor. i think they were like 2500# stabilizer jacks. I replaced all 4 with 7500# jacks of exactly the same kind, that had twice the thickness of metal in construction, this made the RV more stable and less wobble on site. The heavier rated jacks installed exactly the same and in the same place as the old ones and had the same nut so the same crank handle worked for the new jacks. I also installed BAL cross stabilizer bars on the jacks and that made them even more stable. So when you replace your bent stabilizer jack I would get 4 new ones of a much higher rating for more stability.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will try the 7500 jacks as their is a far amount of wobble in ours now.
    Bill and Sandy Omaha Nebraska
    2018 Ford 150 3.5 Ecoboost Max tow
    2018 Imagine 2500 rl

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willybuger View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will try the 7500 jacks as their is a far amount of wobble in ours now.
    They are sold in pairs so you could get a couple for the short term. Sounds stupid but, the less you open scissor jacks the more they stabilize. Anything close to 1/2 the travel they are pretty much useless. (A 24” jack should not be extended over 12”). Use blocks to keep the travel short and the wobble will diminish,
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    They are sold in pairs so you could get a couple for the short term. Sounds stupid but, the less you open scissor jacks the more they stabilize. Anything close to 1/2 the travel they are pretty much useless. (A 24” jack should not be extended over 12”). Use blocks to keep the travel short and the wobble will diminish,
    Yes I noticed that as soon as I used mine the first time. I'm thinking of bolting some pressure treated blocks to the bottom of the jacks so they are already there. I know I still need ground clearance, but this would make it easier and faster set up/break down.
    Does anyone do this?
    Remember I'm a rookie and just trying to work smarter not harder.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jleonard Front jacks might be OK as you note, but the rear could hang up on you if you added anything much to the jack pad, I would not recommend it. Andersen makes some great blocks that are 8" high, same thing as putting 5 2X6 blocks under the jack. Benefit is you get the height and strength without the weight. IMO, best $300CDN I've spent was the Andersen kit.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    Yes I noticed that as soon as I used mine the first time. I'm thinking of bolting some pressure treated blocks to the bottom of the jacks so they are already there. I know I still need ground clearance, but this would make it easier and faster set up/break down.
    Does anyone do this?
    Remember I'm a rookie and just trying to work smarter not harder.
    I have a couple of pressure treated 2X6 blocks bolted to the stabilizers, 2 on the rear and 1 on the front.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK