User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    they have removed the rollers from under the slides? i don't think i like that. so now every piece of debris is gonna catch the slide.
    Yes, but not necessarily. Our Solitude 310 has rollers on the kitchen slide (non-flush) and no rollers on the dinette/curb side slide. That side is "flush" with vinyl flooring to match the rest of the flooring. These slides run in and out on "skis" that are on the bottom of the end wall frame structure. The skis glide on small ramps and the rest of the slide bottom does not contact the main flooring. It's these skis that are leaving marks on the main flooring. Looking at the structure from underneath, I'm not sure how anything would get past the wiper seals to get between the slide bottom and the inside flooring. We have not had any issues like that - only the inside edge of the skis contacting the flooring briefly while the slide is moving in or out (the "tipping moment").

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too were noticing some black marks on our floor from the dinette side slide - a sticky residue. A little GOOF-OFF followed up w/ some alcohol cleaned it right up. Then with the slide partially retracted, I could feel the sticky stuff under the ski. Not sure where this was coming from, but I tried to clean off the residue under the ski as much as I could. We'll keep an eye on this - luckily no permanent floor damage yet. I am concerned if that ski picks up dirt/debris, it'll drag it across the floor and possibly do some damage.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how many of you all are using the "slide out sleds"?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gextract View Post
    I bought them a couple days ago and will be using them from now on. Cheap insurance. Well, relatively cheap anyway.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gextract View Post
    It's probably best to start a new thread with the poll function. A few folks responding one at a time won't provide you with real data. Include several answer options for different scenarios.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took two times to get mine fixed. There was a directive requiring the slide to be removed and install a new roller kit, I would contact customer service.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Andrews View Post
    It took two times to get mine fixed. There was a directive requiring the slide to be removed and install a new roller kit, I would contact customer service.
    I am not sure if you are responding to the original poster or my vinyl marks. My marks are in the middle of the living area and near the center island. So it is about 6” from the inside part of the slide out. Looks like both were caused by small rocks or debris. I have a vinyl repair guy coming on Tuesday. He says he does a ton of floor repairs for dealers. Most are caused by people closing their slide outs with something on the floor. I bought those vinyl floor slide out protectors to use on the living room/dining room slide out which doesn’t have rollers. This should keep the sheathing board about a 1/2” off the floor. The kitchen slide out is on rollers. I might consider adding skis later if I start getting marks on that side.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exact same problem in front of the sofa slide, among other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    Attachment 29068

My 2021 Reflection 303RLS is brand new and hasn’t even made it out of my pole barn yet to camp. My wife sends me this photo while I am at work. There are two spots like this where the vinyl floor has been pitted/torned. Both are located about 6-8” on the outside edge of where the dining room slide out is fully in. Looks like I will be making a call to GD tomorrow. No way I missed this on my walk through at the dealership. There must be something rubbing on the underside of the slide out or something was stuck under it when I opened it.
    First time out and the slide did the same thing in front of the sofa slide out. It made me sick to see the flooring gouged. I was more concerned with the improper plumbing from the water heater. The plumbing wasn't secured. So, as I was traveling down the road, it rubbed against the drawer slide until it wore threw. Had to pull out the drawers and open the water heater compartment and splice the plumbing. After arriving at our stopover the first night, I found the drawer under the television laying on the floor and the slide ruined. Purchased new heavier slides and heavy duty catches. The catches GD used on this drawer were totally inadequate, especially if you load the drawer with any kind of weight.

GD really needs to figure the slide issue out. I notified them when I returned, but received no response. More importantly, they need to do some QC on the water heater plumbing. If anyone with a 303RLS sees water in the corner near the snack bar/buffet, that is the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Floor scratches from slide.

Quote Originally Posted by RossF83 View Post
    On our new 2020 Reflection 311BHS, the bunkhouse slide seems to be ripping a hole in the flooring. Has anyone experienced something like this? How were you able to fix it?Attachment 29036
    We had a similar issue and discovered it was due to storing some heavy items on the slide when traveling. When we opened the slide at our destination, the slide could not lift up slightly as it normally does to slide out and scraped the floor. There was too much weight on it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had same problem

We had the slide ski rip a small hole in our floor. Dealer said is was covered under warranty so they ordered a whole new Lino. Repair guy told me if they did that you’d see seems as they’d just lay it on top of the existing. He suggested using a lino repair kit. He patched it but I still need to find something to fill the hole in that matches.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast