User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RossF83 View Post
    On our new 2020 Reflection 311BHS, the bunkhouse slide seems to be ripping a hole in the flooring. Has anyone experienced something like this? How were you able to fix it?Attachment 29036
    We had an issue with the slide trying to rip a hole in our floor. While we waited on warranty and the dealer to get us scheduled I just bounced the switch in the area I could see it bubble up the floor and that seemed to help it not dig into the floor. May want to try that in the meantime while you wait.

Mine has plastic sliders and I’ve heard that you can get rollers, but I couldn’t get GD to do that warranty work. First dealer said they adjusted my slide, but it was still grabbing the floor. Took it to another dealer and they actually adjusted it and it’s not grabbing my flooring now.

Our 297 has a heavy passenger side slide with the kitchen stuff, outside entertainment and stove,etc... good luck.
    2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crewcab
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RossF83 View Post
    On our new 2020 Reflection 311BHS, the bunkhouse slide seems to be ripping a hole in the flooring. Has anyone experienced something like this? How were you able to fix it?Attachment 29036
    I had the same issue on my 2020 398 momentum. The dealer adjusted the slide and repaired the floor. I guess we will see if that lasts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue with our 303. The large slide damaged the floor to the point a new floor was installed. The dealer determined, part of the problem was that the black corner trim plates have a sharp bottom edge. They would rip into the floor when it was moved out. They chamfered the bottom back edge and installed rollers under the slide, similar to the older designs. All of this was paid by GD. We haven't had an issue since.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have followed this thread and was prepared to buy a pair of the Slide Out Slickers. I checked the slide on my 2020 273 MK 150 Series. What I found was that they don't use rollers or corner trim on this slide floor.

The slide has the fridge and an 80" sofa in it. There is about a 3/4" sag in the middle of the slide floor, compared to the outside left and right front corners. When retracted the middle of the slide sets right on the vinyl floor. It is so close to the vinyl I'm surprised it doesn't drag on it when extended out. But, the good news is, it apparently does not drag, and so far there are no marks or damage on the vinyl.

I'm assuming I should just keep an eye on this? It doesn't seem like I could place the slickers under the low point, middle of the (looks like OSB) slide floor to raise it up, right?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem on the Kitchen slide of my Reflection 295RL.
    I just put a dining place mat (vinyl) on the floor before closing the slide.
    It has been working great so far.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vinyl floor repairman fixed the gouges in my floor today and it looks great. You can not tell there was anything done. That distressed grey color with grooves to look like wood does a great job hiding any repairs. I need to let it cure overnight. I am a bit hesitant in trying the slide out protectors now. It raises the OSB floor a half inch off the vinyl. I am kind of afraid that it might cause more harm than good if it frays the OSB. I think I will just check under the carpet edge of slide out and sweep it really well before closing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    The vinyl floor repairman fixed the gouges in my floor today and it looks great. You can not tell there was anything done. That distressed grey color with grooves to look like wood does a great job hiding any repairs. I need to let it cure overnight. I am a bit hesitant in trying the slide out protectors now. It raises the OSB floor a half inch off the vinyl. I am kind of afraid that it might cause more harm than good if it frays the OSB. I think I will just check under the carpet edge of slide out and sweep it really well before closing.
    I am confused.
    I am using the SPs and nothing OSB rides on them. On one slide, there are 3 rollers that ride on them, and on another it is some sort of plastic/nylon ski.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I am confused.
    I am using the SPs and nothing OSB rides on them. On one slide, there are 3 rollers that ride on them, and on another it is some sort of plastic/nylon ski.
    I have 303 RLS. The kitchen/fireplace/TV side is on rollers. The dining table and reclining chair side does not have rollers. A piece of rock or some sort debris got stuck under the OSB in the middle of the slide out in two spots about 6” from edge of the slide out. I checked with a flashlight and there are no penetrating screws, splintered wood, etc. It caused these gouges on my vinyl floor. About a 3” line of them near the center island and middle of living room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4D8A3C16-C4F3-4FB9-9175-6D23461A98F0.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	29364

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radcolt View Post
    I have 303 RLS. The kitchen/fireplace/TV side is on rollers. The dining table and reclining chair side does not have rollers. A piece of rock or some sort debris got stuck under the OSB in the middle of the slide out in two spots about 6” from edge of the slide out. I checked with a flashlight and there are no penetrating screws, splintered wood, etc. It caused these gouges on my vinyl floor. About a 3” line of them near the center island and middle of living room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4D8A3C16-C4F3-4FB9-9175-6D23461A98F0.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	29364
    I bought a pack of these to go under the slide out when I close it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKE wjB0Zim6trrAhV-AZ0JHT3DCloQFjAAegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ama zon.com%2FAP-Products-013-4300-Slide-Out-Sled%2Fdp%2FB079CT1N51&usg=AOvVaw2u2BRp_Ja3ZnPxn11 lVSXO

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I am confused.
    I think the confusion here is there appears to be 3 different situations. 1) The slide moves on rollers 2) The slide moves on a plastic ski 3) The slide doesn't have either.

My question above involves #3 , just an OSB floor. I think Radcolt may be saying the same thing in his post. If you are dealing with situation #1 and #2 then the sliders/protectors may well work. I'm just not sure using them against the bare OSB and raising it up 1/2" is a good thing, unless you are getting damage already.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast