User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I think the confusion here is there appears to be 3 different situations. 1) The slide moves on rollers 2) The slide moves on a plastic ski 3) The slide doesn't have either.

My question above involves #3 , just an OSB floor. I think Radcolt may be saying the same thing in his post. If you are dealing with situation #1 and #2 then the sliders/protectors may well work. I'm just not sure using them against the bare OSB and raising it up 1/2" is a good thing, unless you are getting damage already.
    Option 3 is my situation. I think I am sending those slides back to Amazon. I am afraid they may cause more problems. My fifth wheel is stored in my pole barn and we have horses. My daughter probably brought in a small rock and it caught the edge of the slide out when closing. At least that is what it looks like to me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radcolt, when my slide is in the OSB is tight against the floor, in the center of the slide. Maybe it's supposed to be like that, but I'm surprised it hasn't made some type of a mark on the vinyl. Is yours like that?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radcolt, when my slide is in the OSB is tight against the floor, in the center of the slide. Maybe it's supposed to be like that, but I'm surprised it hasn't made some type of a mark on the vinyl. Is yours like that?
    Yes, very tight. My mobile RV repair guy told me to check under it while someone closes it to make sure that there wasn’t a screw or frayed OSB that was causing the problem. I could see nothing. About the last 6” of travel it hugs tight to the floor.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check mine to make sure the same, before I have any issues. It just looks like if it were to settle 1/8" there could be damage. I'm wondering if something real thin but durable, like a piece of countertop laminate (Formica) would be a good shield to put between the vinyl and the OSB when the slide is retracted. Like you, I'm concerned about anything that might lift the slide and cause some kind of misalignment.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check mine to make sure the same, before I have any issues. It just looks like if it were to settle 1/8" there could be damage. I'm wondering if something real thin but durable, like a piece of countertop laminate (Formica) would be a good shield to put between the vinyl and the OSB when the slide is retracted. Like you, I'm concerned about anything that might lift the slide and cause some kind of misalignment.
    There are two black skis on each side to protect the floor. But that is a long stretch of just OSB over vinyl. I like the Formica idea. Thin and durable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We noticed the dining slide on our new 337 was scratching/gouging the floor as well. After retracting the slide a little at a time while looking under with a flashlight, I finally found the culprit. One of the screws holding the dining table down to the floor, was a little too long.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
    We noticed the dining slide on our new 337 was scratching/gouging the floor as well. After retracting the slide a little at a time while looking under with a flashlight, I finally found the culprit. One of the screws holding the dining table down to the floor, was a little too long.
    We haven't had any more issues. I make sure to lift the edge of the carpet and sweep out any dirt or gravel before closing. Our RV repairman said that too long of a screw is the most common cause. After you get the issue fixed, make sure you find a good vinyl repairman. You can hardly tell where our gouge is located.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out ripped flooring

I have a 2021 gd 2800bh and the slide just totally destroyed the floor with a 12 gash in the lineoulum. . Not happy. Slide outs are not new but this is a really crappy design. I have never had a problem like this with any other camper model.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elecnics View Post
    I have a 2021 gd 2800bh and the slide just totally destroyed the floor with a 12 gash in the lineoulum. . Not happy. Slide outs are not new but this is a really crappy design. I have never had a problem like this with any other camper model.
    I can so relate. This is the sixth RV I've owned, three of which had slide outs. None have ever done this.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. H. View Post
    I can so relate. This is the sixth RV I've owned, three of which had slide outs. None have ever done this.
    This happened to me with my first camper, but it was my fault an object was on the floor. So everytime I bring in the slides now I get down on my knees and look with a flash light. I'm super paranoid now. Lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast