User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Are you keeping it locked using a standard short bed? With or without slider hitch?
    Yes, kept it Locked. We have made 8 RV trips now in it. Longest was 1000k one way.
    I use short bed Ram 2500 Cummins. I did have a slider, but don’t use it. In fact, I think it’s froze up. Had it from past trailer 5 years ago and only used the slider twice in that trailers life span.
    DonW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hummm.
    Came locked and have left locked 🔒
    I have not (do not) change it so far. Found no reason so far. Pulling with Dodge Ram 2500 short bed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TS_Breezes View Post
    Research led us to understand the inbox should be locked when towing, to prevent sway going down the road. We didn't have a hitch at the time, and changing between fixed and pivot seemed to cumbersome to be acceptable as a long term solution. The alternative we chose was a sliding hitch.
    Interesting. I don’t believe that’s the intent of the design. I believe it is designed to primarily be kept in one mode or the other, but that’s the advantage, I guess, it’s flexible, so it works for a variety of people in a different applications. It would be an improvement if they figured out a way to quickly and easily lock/unlock the pin box.

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 295RL 150 series. I use the turning point with the wedge and a Reese hitch. No problems whatsoever. Easy to hook up and don't have to worry about sharp turns at all. I get no sway at all with it. I have a Silverado with 6'6" bed and love the turning point. One of the reasons why I got the 150 series over regular.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234