User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    How did that affect tire balance?
    It did not affect the tire balance at all.
    It helps with air pressure to equalize both tires to the same air pressure. With the same air pressure they wear more evenly. The outside tire will normally be hotter and build-up more air pressure.

It also makes it so there is only one valve stem for both tires because of the added hoses.

Read about it on the link I sent. KEN

P.S. I have an extra set, because my wife accidentally ordered 2 at Christmas.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken, is there a concern that one goes flat both go flat? I have thought about doing as you did but after having an inner tire blowout which in turn would have begun to deflate the outer tire, I have put it off for awhile. Just curious
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Ken, is there a concern that one goes flat both go flat? I have thought about doing as you did but after having an inner tire blowout which in turn would have begun to deflate the outer tire, I have put it off for awhile. Just curious
    No problem. The devise will sense a big leak and stop the equalization flow. KEN
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2019 F450 has 20000 miles and no cupping. I pull my Solitude 373 with it. Also have Firestone 5000 air bags on the rear

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Big Truck Big RV on YouTube, he struggled with the same issue. He recently did a long term review on balancers. https://youtu.be/VvzQj-BnjVE
    Jay VT

2019 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins
    2020 Imagine 2670MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    This is going to sound like a dumb question, but were the tries balanced? Out of balance can wreck havoc on shocks too. Is there any vibration in the steering or truck at speed? Last have you ever rotated the tries - yes it is a paint to dismount and mount. A few pictures would really help too.

Trying to help
    After seeing what the tire tech did to the hub covers during warranty replacement of 2 aluminum wheels, I decided to avoid future damage. I installed Centramatic balancers without wheel weights. I plan to rotate the fronts side-side and not rotate the rears. No mount/dismount. I've heard this is an acceptable approach for duallys. (Some folks will rotate the the rears as pairs side to side,)

Between the risk of damage and the local dealer charging $50/tire to dismount/mount/balance I'm going to avoid the aggravation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.tru-bal.com/c-1911-fas.html

Those worked better than the Centramatics on my truck ( F450). The issue is the inner tire lining up with the outer tire. I also put them on the front as well.

I put on the Tru balance Shims -- I guess you could call them that, got a good road force balance from the dealer, and the truck is as smooth as any other. Could help with your cupping too. Id call to be sure you get the right parts. Really nice people.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called a local Ford dealership to get service and have them look at my tires, Sept 24th was the earliest. We will be half way to Texas by then, I guess I will get it looked at in Texas.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I called a local Ford dealership to get service and have them look at my tires, Sept 24th was the earliest. We will be half way to Texas by then, I guess I will get it looked at in Texas.
    Is there a reason for going to a stealership?
    Are the shocks a wear item or are they covered under warranty?

A truck tire shop will know more about tires then the stealership.

Good luck and safe travels, KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Is there a reason for going to a stealership?
    KEN
    Maybe covered under warranty. Worth a trip to find out.

Back when I had the sticks and bricks I had go to guys for repairs I couldn't do. It took years to develop the trust and relationship to get to the point where I could just pick up the phone and get things done. But being a transient it's a total crap shoot for repair shops. Most are excellent, and then... I know dealerships are not any different, most are excellent and then you get into one that is rip off city.

So since I can't take time to build the trust I have to rely on best guess. My dad owned a car dealership, he was always sending mechanics out for training. So I know dealerships invest in their mechanics so they "should" be well trained on the vehicles they are working on. Of course they recoup the investment in charging higher prices.

So I go to dealerships because I feel I have the best chance of getting the repair done correctly the first time around. Plus, I can show continuity of service when that big warranty item comes up, like replacing the engine in my chevy, covered by warranty. The BS argument that I didn't get it serviced properly didn't even make first base, service records where right there on the computer.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast