User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I wouldn't contact the offending owners, but I'd bring it to the attention of the campground manager/host. Most campgrounds have rules against too much noise (be it barking dogs or music) and they would be the ones who should deal with it.
    Not sure that is the best solution. We spent 4 days at a state park in Washington state this summer. We had barking dogs on both sides of us. We have two small dogs and we dont let them bark. On the 2nd day we get a knock on the door and its Mr Ranger. He received a barking complaint about our dogs. The dogs had not barked all mourning, but I point out to Mr Ranger that the dogs on both side of us were barking, he wanted nothing to do with checking that out. I talk to both dog owners and they heard no noise from our dogs and the Ranger never talked to them. The next night at midnight, yea MIDNIGHT we get a call from the Ranger about our barking dogs at MIDNIGHT. He wakes us both up and our dogs. On the road the dogs sleep with us and we head for bed about 10pm. What got under my skin is the Ranger never checked with other camps to find where the barking was coming from

We do have an ulta sonic device that the dogs hate and it sorta works. The best we have found is the small plastic coke bottle with about 20 pennies in it. Just give a few shakes and they stop barking. Plus its awesome for training the dogs. One of our dogs (LADY) a small mixed of 14 breeds going back 3 generations would bark like crazy in the car as soon as we were near home. It took only 3 times to stop her from barking near home

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Educating our dogs not to bark or to bark, if at all, is no different than educating our children. Incessant barking is no different than listening to someone who can't stop talking or who talks too loud. Behaved dogs and people are great to be around.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Educating our dogs not to bark or to bark, if at all, is no different than educating our children. Incessant barking is no different than listening to someone who can't stop talking or who talks too loud. Behaved dogs and people are great to be around.
    Pretty please, start a movement. 100% agree. You know, dogs should be seen and not heard... Oh yeah, while your at it, let's go crazy and ensure that people that have cats are not allowed to let there pet climb on my truck? Penalty for a barking dog or a cat let loose to roam should be immediate pack up and go... Too stiff a penalty? K, how about post a $500 deposit upon checkin to ensure your pet doesn't impact the enjoyment of the campsite by any neibor? Problem with that? Maybe you have a problem pet.
    Seriously, If I run a noisy generator and upset my fellow campers, I'm a problem. If I have a gathering at the camp fire that goes on late into the night with much loud conversation, I'm a problem. If i play music loud enough my neibors can hear it, I'm a problem. But somehow if I have an animal that creates annoying noise it's somehow accepted?
    I was raised around dogs. Mother was very involved in the Labrador Retriever breeding/showing world. To the point that if your from the USA/Canada/England and have a Labrador you have a high chance of finding "Carlova Kennels" in your dogs past. Spent my childhood being taken to dog shows. I am somewhat familiar with dogs. I do not hate dogs. TRAIN THEM PEOPLE!!
    Last edited by Farklepilot; 03-23-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Fundy National this year my wife and I pulled into a site beside another trailer
    They weren’t home but their dog was. One of those doodle mixes. It was destroying their blinds barking and trying to get at our dog. Lol
    They were somewhat decent about putting their dog inside when it started barking from seeing my dog but it usually took a bit or some glaring from me
    The next day people pulled into the site on the other side of us and out come two yappers
    It was almost comical at first. My dog, which I never tie up is just sitting there while dogs on both sides are incessantly barking at each other
    The look on my dogs face was almost like she was saying. Shut up you idiots. Lol

Some more glaring and the little dogs were put away for the rest of the weekend

Btw. When I first got my dog she barked. 4 times I think then I told her not to and she didn’t. Just takes training

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    At Fundy National this year my wife and I pulled into a site beside another trailer
    They weren’t home but their dog was. One of those doodle mixes. It was destroying their blinds barking and trying to get at our dog. Lol
    They were somewhat decent about putting their dog inside when it started barking from seeing my dog but it usually took a bit or some glaring from me
    The next day people pulled into the site on the other side of us and out come two yappers
    It was almost comical at first. My dog, which I never tie up is just sitting there while dogs on both sides are incessantly barking at each other
    The look on my dogs face was almost like she was saying. Shut up you idiots. Lol

Some more glaring and the little dogs were put away for the rest of the weekend

Btw. When I first got my dog she barked. 4 times I think then I told her not to and she didn’t. Just takes training

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    As my handle might suggest, I am into dogs. Brittanys. I competed in AKC field trials. Had 5 Field Champions in a row, 4 Amatuer Field Champions, and 3 of those were also Master Hunters. Most that participate in the sport use professional trainers. We did not. DW and I did all of the trainning ourselves. We managed to get to the highest level of the sport... Most years we had several dogs qualified to compete in the National Championships.

So I know a little about trainning dogs. If your dog only barked 4 times, then you told her once to stop, and she never barked again..... You have a dog that just doesn't like to bark. Probably would not have barked anymore no matter what you did.
    Dogs do not understand english. If they did , trainning would be a lot eaisier. For everything you train a dog to do, it takes positive reinforcements and some negative consquences repeated many many times. That is trainning.

Dogs are inherently pack animals that behave according to their instincts. They get trained to humans likings by repitition.
    I can tell you that nothing riles up a restrained dog more, than seeing another UNRESTRAINED dog in what they consider their territority. Had your dog been restrained as it SHOULD have been, they other dogs would have been much more accepting. They see a unrestrained dog, is a threat to them. And they do not recognize your campsite as yours. Thousands of years of instincts are not easily forgotten.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    As my handle might suggest, I am into dogs. Brittanys. I competed in AKC field trials. Had 5 Field Champions in a row, 4 Amatuer Field Champions, and 3 of those were also Master Hunters. Most that participate in the sport use professional trainers. We did not. DW and I did all of the trainning ourselves. We managed to get to the highest level of the sport... Most years we had several dogs qualified to compete in the National Championships.

So I know a little about trainning dogs. If your dog only barked 4 times, then you told her once to stop, and she never barked again..... You have a dog that just doesn't like to bark. Probably would not have barked anymore no matter what you did.
    Dogs do not understand english. If they did , trainning would be a lot eaisier. For everything you train a dog to do, it takes positive reinforcements and some negative consquences repeated many many times. That is trainning.

Dogs are inherently pack animals that behave according to their instincts. They get trained to humans likings by repitition.
    I can tell you that nothing riles up a restrained dog more, than seeing another UNRESTRAINED dog in what they consider their territority. Had your dog been restrained as it SHOULD have been, they other dogs would have been much more accepting. They see a unrestrained dog, is a threat to them. And they do not recognize your campsite as yours. Thousands of years of instincts are not easily forgotten.
    The funny thing is about your comment is that you couldn’t have been anymore WRONG. Lol
    Even if you tried
    If you think all I did was “talk” to my dog about her barking well..... that was story telling if you missed it
    It was literally 4 events of her barking with positive “correction” on my part with words that she decided that barking wasn’t best for her.
    And as far as SHOULD have my dog restrained? Never going to happen. Not going to introduce a trip hazard and punish my dog that is trained to stay on site
    When the two yappers were introduced and the doodle started yapping back my dog had been laying in one spot the whole time. How did they determine she was untethered?
    People have the option to train their dogs as I have mine to be able to untether them

Have a great day

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funny thing is about your comment is that you couldn’t have been anymore WRONG. Lol
    Even if you tried
    If you think all I did was “talk” to my dog about her barking well..... that was story telling if you missed it
    It was literally 4 events of her barking with positive “correction” on my part with words that she decided that barking wasn’t best for her.
    And as far as SHOULD have my dog restrained? Never going to happen. Not going to introduce a trip hazard and punish my dog that is trained to stay on site
    When the two yappers were introduced and the doodle started yapping back my dog had been laying in one spot the whole time. How did they determine she was untethered?
    People have the option to train their dogs as I have mine to be able to untether them

Have a great day

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    The events I have been to have hundreds of dogs.... All restrained except when competing. When a dog is being let off lead to compete. or one manages to get off lead. ALL of the restrained dogs go nuts. It is against AKC rules to have an unrestrained dog. This is for the dogs protection as well as just general good behaviour.
    Most camprounds have such rules as well..... And most places have laws on the books prohibiting loose dogs as well.

I urge you to keep your dog restrained. The best behaved dog can get excited, and possibly chase a chipmonk etc. and end up getting hit by a car. Being around as many dogs as I have..... I have seen too many preventable tragedies.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not here to stir the pot. You are all adults and can make your own choices and bear the responsibility for them. However, I would like to make a salient point in that a pet owner is responsible for his or her pet and their action 100% of the time. To that end, speak with your insurer about what protection you may or may not have regarding traveling with your pets and what may happen off home/registered premises. You may quickly find you have none, and would be in a state of self-insured in the event of any unfortunate happenings. An umbrella policy may be in order, particularly with many States having no caps on trauma as it does not fall in the definition of "damage caps" and "pain and suffering" is open-ended.

Cloverfield is a trained and registered therapy dog, but even so his nature, which is from long ancestry as hunting breeds, does break his discipline on occasion.

I am not a lawyer, do not play one on TV and definitely did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I do actively manage risk in an informed manner. YMMV.
    Last edited by geotex1; 03-23-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you tried

Have a great day

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Well said!
    2019 297RSTS vin:573TR3424K3319511
    2019 GMC 3500HD AT4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Speaking of children. If some campers would not let their kids run wild (including back and forth behind our rig) our dogs wouldn't bark.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast