User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not meant to be a Troll post

I have to ask... new to the Rv thing. Maybe this post shows that... Always operated under the rules : Don't impose on your neighbour. Treat them as you would want to be treated. It's all good so long as it doesn't impact the guy next doors enjoyment of his property/space. Surely the RV world, given the closer proximity of neighbours, would dictate we should be even more aware of these basic social rules?
    So what what gives with the apparently commonly held thought process that I have to accept your dog barking? Yet if I were to listen to music at that level ( That I never would) or run my gen set any time somebody walks past my site I would be classified as an **************? God forbid I actually walk over to your site and respectfully suggest your pet is an annoyance to others. I am NOT looking for an argument, just want somebody to explain to me why I am branded as the a............e vs the the owners of the offending pets?
    Last edited by traveldawg; 08-27-2020 at 06:22 AM. Reason: moderator removed foul language

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a dog owner and love my dogs with all that I have. They are farm dogs, free, loud, chase down and kill critters all day at home. Camping... they wear bark shock boxes on their neck and they are silent.

Some folks in our seasonal have insanely loud and constantly barking dogs, some start at 0530-0600... and I hate it. But those folks don't care. You are correct though, the guy going to work on his Harley at 0300 every day who idles through the RV park with straight pipe exhaust and the guys with the barking dogs don't give 2 craps.

Not much we can do about it. But by god! Do not turn up that radio!
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree!! Or the folks that leave for the day and leave the dogs in the RV..... to bark the entire day!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly do not understand the refusal to use a bark shock collar. I've been tempted to take ours to a neighbor and offer to allow him to use it on his constantly barking German Sheppard. Then there is another camper who has three of those little rodent sized dogs who all do nothing but yip all day. The terrible thing is that I love dogs. I just hate most dog owners because people are lazy about teaching pets how to act.

Amazon has shock collars very cheap. Everyone who owns a dog should have at least one.
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a relief that others feel the same way as I do! I like the idea of supplying the shock collars, but, for the offending owners to wear lol...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farklepilot View Post
    ...I like the idea of supplying the shock collars, but, for the offending owners to wear lol...
    Great idea, then when their dog barks they get the reminder.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farklepilot View Post
    I have to ask... new to the Rv thing. Maybe this post shows that... Always operated under the rules : Don't impose on your neighbour. Treat them as you would want to be treated. It's all good so long as it doesn't impact the guy next doors enjoyment of his property/space. Surely the RV world, given the closer proximity of neighbours, would dictate we should be even more aware of these basic social rules?
    So what what gives with the apparently commonly held thought process that I have to accept your dog barking? Yet if I were to listen to music at that level ( That I never would) or run my gen set any time somebody walks past my site I would be classified as an **************? God forbid I actually walk over to your site and respectfully suggest your pet is an annoyance to others. I am NOT looking for an argument, just want somebody to explain to me why I am branded as the a............e vs the the owners of the offending pets?

I wouldn't contact the offending owners, but I'd bring it to the attention of the campground manager/host. Most campgrounds have rules against too much noise (be it barking dogs or music) and they would be the ones who should deal with it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two of our stooges wear bark collars. The third is deaf and only barks when she senses the others barking but she does a Wookie impression when she is excited and happy. We haven't been able to find a way control that one. They wear them anytime we are away from home and sometimes when Kelly is working.
    All three wear invisible fence collars. Our plan is to experiment with mounting the control box inside of one of the back left compartments and then using it when we camp. The drawbacks are Halo can't hear the warning, but responds to a very low stimulation and even with her vision impairment responds to visual clues, and then second is catching flak from others who see that they are not tethered. We have also used the training collars with great success.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everyone on this topic. Our dog can be a bit of a yapper so we bought "The Egg" ultrasonic. He hates it. Will not stay outside if we show it to him. Don't even need to turn it on anymore. As soon as he sees it the tail drops between the legs and he is quiet. We show it to him and put in on the counter when we leave and not a peep. Don't expect anyone else to put up with his yapping.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No excuse for barking dogs other than folks who should not have dogs owning the barking dogs. We have used shock collars, but the last couple of our fur babies haven’t need it. Ty, our five year old is super quiet, other than snoring or kicking walls when dreaming. Ali, the 9 month old has needed some correction, but now she is socialized and looks to the older one for guidance, and thankfully is quiet as well.

When checking into a KOA a couple of years ago, the not so friendly and seemed fearful gate attendant asked that we ensure our dogs were on a leash at all times (they are) and we not allow them to bark. I think she had some bad experience with large dogs. A couple arrived with three carpet rats, small terrier style dogs that, started yapping from the minute they arrived. I gave them about 20 minutes and then called the gate and complained. Park management visited and told them to keep the dogs quiet or leave. As a dog lover it is troubling when some owners just don’t get it.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast