User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    pilotkev

Getting concerned

Took my 27RL in for some warranty repairs that couldn't wait , dealer tells me they can have it finished in time for a trip we have had planned for over a month so we left it , I called today and now they tell me that they are still waiting on Grand Design to approve the warranty repairs so there it sits not getting worked on costing valuable time is this normal ? Had I know that they would have to wait I would of fixed it myself

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi pilotkev,

I am new to RVs, but this industry wide service process is still rather baffling to me.
    From what I read here and elsewhere, your frustration is more common than not.
    "Bring us your RV and park it on our lot while we take a month or two to get around to spending a couple of hours on your rig ". Would anyone accept this attitude from their car dealer ? their furnace repair guy ? their dentist ? Not very likely.

Since you have put this in the section of the forum that Grand Design monitors, I hope that you get a response from someone at Grand Design, since this does not seem to fit with what they say their dealers have agreed to and certainly not how they take care of customers directly.

I think that I am lucky to have a dealer (Layzee Acres in Orillia Ontario Canada) who has been willing to look at things differently. Admittedly, the delivery process was strung out over several weeks waiting for resolution of some PDI things, but we were in no rush, so we went with their process. Little did I know that this is "RV industry normal".

A few more things cropped up as we got to know the rig and were getting ready to head south for the winter. I sent Layzee Acres a detailed list and they got back to me with "we need a picture of this or the serial number off that". Eventually, we got to "bring it in Thursday and pick it up Friday". Everything was done as requested . . . in one day.

Then, just before we were scheduled to leave, the water heater stopped working. I called them, they put a service technician on the phone and we worked through the basic diagnostics. The conclusion was that they needed to order a part. Two days later, they called me to ask that I bring the rig in at 10 AM on the agreed day and I left at 11 AM with the problem resolved.

Sorry for the diatribe above, but my message is really intended for Grand Design. Service does not have to be the way many on this forum (like pilotkev) describe. Hold your dealers to the reasonable expectations of every other service industry. If Layzee Acres can do it, the rest can too.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

pilotkev
    Thank you Cate&Rob for the reply !! I agree 100 % and you are right about the RV service industry , I'm in the commercial HVAC Buisness and if we operated like some of these RV dealerships we would be out of Buisness !!! I do have faith in GD because I've see the outstanding customer service on this forum I wouldn't trade this thing for anything Else because of it . When we wear this one out the new one will be a GD!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found that if I call GD first and talk with them and get "pre-approval" for warrenty work things go much smoother. I don't think my rig has ever sat on the dealers lot for longer that a week.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotkev View Post
    Took my 27RL in for some warranty repairs that couldn't wait , dealer tells me they can have it finished in time for a trip we have had planned for over a month so we left it , I called today and now they tell me that they are still waiting on Grand Design to approve the warranty repairs so there it sits not getting worked on costing valuable time is this normal ? Had I know that they would have to wait I would of fixed it myself
    Hi @pilotkev,

Please add your 17-digit RV VIN to your "About Me" page here on the forum, or send me a private message (PM) with your name, phone number and 17-digit RV VIN. Providing this information will enable us to research your concern for you. Thank you in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.