User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 Imagine XLS 18RBE - Where are the wall studs?

I want to mount a ledger board under the window where the dinette was previously to support mounting brackets for a lightweight counter top. I have 1" pop rivets that will work fine for distributing the weight across the wall, but would like to get at least a few screws into the studs inside that wall. My electronic stud finder has been zero help in determining where the studs might be. What is the best way to find the wall studs in our 2019 Imagine?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFord View Post
    I want to mount a ledger board under the window where the dinette was previously to support mounting brackets for a lightweight counter top. I have 1" pop rivets that will work fine for distributing the weight across the wall, but would like to get at least a few screws into the studs inside that wall. My electronic stud finder has been zero help in determining where the studs might be. What is the best way to find the wall studs in our 2019 Imagine?
    If you can wait for a humid night when the temps get into the 50s, in the morning you will see where they are on the outside. You can mark the location on the window with a white-board marker.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick follow-up to Bruce's tip - this worked great! I was able to find the wall studs with no issue and used a dry-erase marker to note their location on the window. I drilled some shallow pilot holes for mounting my ledger board to the studs and secured it the rest of the way with 1" pop rivets. Thanks so much Bruce!