User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blinds won't stay down

We bought an Imagine 22MLE XLS and love it. Our only trouble has been with the blinds on the windows. These are the black-out roller shades. Two of them won't stay down when we pull them down. They immediately roll back up. Has anyone else encountered this problem and can give us some advice on how to correct it????
    Thanks!
    Mike and Heather.
    From Canada originally...
    now living full-time in our Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2015 Silverado 1500 LT, 5.3 litre Ecotech, 3.42 axle ratio

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steinberg_22mle_2020 View Post
    We bought an Imagine 22MLE XLS and love it. Our only trouble has been with the blinds on the windows. These are the black-out roller shades. Two of them won't stay down when we pull them down. They immediately roll back up. Has anyone else encountered this problem and can give us some advice on how to correct it????
    Thanks!
    This sounds like a warranty claim. On ours, they all work ok with 1 being a little finicky.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem on 1 shade in our 2021 Imagine xls 24mpr .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanmer21 View Post
    I have the same problem on 1 shade in our 2021 Imagine xls 24mpr .
    If you look at the roller under the valance, on each end of the roller is a wheel. One is to adjust the rollup speed and the other tension I believe. I was able to adjust mine with those.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same problem on my 2021, 22MLE, also. Called Grand Design and got a new shade through warranty. The clips were too stiff to remove the shade in place, so I removed the valence via 4 screws (2 horizontal and 2 vertical) making it easy to replace the shade assembly. Took apart the old shade but was unable to determine what the failure mode was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 2021 Imagine 23BHE with those black roller shades. A first one broked (refused to stay down) on the first month of use. Changed under warranty. Since last year, 4 other ones are having the same problem. Have opened one completely but can't see what is the problem. As they are very expensive and broke after only a few weeks of lite use, I just release tension on each of them by rolling the left hand caster clockwise until there is almost no tension. I can then roll them up by gently raising by lifting them by hand...Not the best but it works... Really poor quality stuff !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update...Wrote to GD and they told me that the manufacturer was Irvine Shade Door. Wrote to Irvine to know if the problem was a spring problem or a stopper problem. It appears that this is a spring issue. They are sending me new springs. Really an owesome customer dervice !!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquesl View Post
    Update...Wrote to GD and they told me that the manufacturer was Irvine Shade Door. Wrote to Irvine to know if the problem was a spring problem or a stopper problem. It appears that this is a spring issue. They are sending me new springs. Really an owesome customer dervice !!!
    Just got back from a camping trip where I discovered one of my blinds doing the same thing. Did you end up getting new springs and were they easy to replace? Happen to have contact info for Irvine? Thanks!

2022 Imagine 2970RL
    2015 Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irvine customer service

Quote Originally Posted by failproof View Post
    Just got back from a camping trip where I discovered one of my blinds doing the same thing. Did you end up getting new springs and were they easy to replace? Happen to have contact info for Irvine? Thanks!
    Hi. Customer service from Irvine have sent me new springs for all my blinds, no charge ! You can contact them at [email protected]

As for the replacement, dont bother to try removing the shade itself. Just remove the 4 (or 5) screws of the valence that is holding it and you will then be able to easily disconnect the shade itself. Unscrew the old spring and replace it with the new one. Re-install the shade on the valence, bolt the valence in place and then adjust the tension of the spring. Will take you a big 15 minutes if you have the right tools....

Best regards.

Jacques
    Grand Design XLS 23BHE 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From their installation instruction sheet:

There are 2 control knobs:

"Clear Knob on the right facing end, controls the drop point in the up position. In the up position, rotate knob clockwise to lower, counter clockwise to raise.

Black knob on left facing end, controls the speed of rise and is pre-set at the factory. Turn knob clockwise to increse speed of rise and counter-clockwise to redice speed of rise.

Do not pull shade until it stops, this may cause the cam to lock and disable to retractor. Should this happen, manually reach up to the roller tube and rotate counter clockwise releasing the shade so it retracts."

Now having written all that, I removed the shade from the window and turned the black knob clockwise a few times(sorry I didn't count) until I felt some tension and replaced the shade on the window. The biggest issue I had was gaining access. Ended up removing the valance. The shade that broke was over the kitchen and it was a very awkward angle to get to.
    If the shades break again, I'm replacing them with the tried and true old fashion roller shades. Those might now retract as slowly and elegantly as these OEM shades but I'm too old to be making myself into a pretzel to get to the mounting hardware.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast