User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roadmaster Active Suspension Leaf Spring Kit (RAS)

Has anyone installed these leaf spring kits on their tow vehicle? If so, wonder how satisfied folks are. E-trailer highly recommends them, even preferring over air bags as a self-adjusting spring enhancement that really smooths out the ride both loaded and unloaded, so they say. The challenge with 1T trucks is the above-spring overload leaf is replaced by this device. E-trailer tech says lost payload in removal of top leaf is replaced. Interesting that the RAS rep suggested that in order to preserve payload capacity that I add a leaf to the lower stack before adding their kit. Would be costly investment if this is the case. Very confusing. Any thoughts out there?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been eyeballing these for my 1/2 ton. Curious to see what the response will be.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed them on two of my previous trucks and LOVED them. I would have put them on my current truck but it won't fit on my DRW unless I remove the overload spring. Even when I wasn't towing, the RAS system made my ride better. Overall it was a huge improvement in the trucks stability and handling. I felt it also added improved control as the rear of the truck doesn't bounce like it does when the bed of the truck is empty and you drive on a bumpy road.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed them on my Nissan Titan. I don't have an overload spring so it was a straight forward install. Definitely improved the ride both towing and not.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed these on my Sierra Denali 1500 to help handle the weight of my 2600 RB. With these on the truck and loaded up for camp, I have quite a bit of space between my everyday leaf springs and the overload spring. I put on 200+ miles this past weekend on some rolling hills and only felt the bump stops a single time, lightly. They did raise the back of the truck about 1.5" unloaded since I have them cranked up to the maximum recommended tension. With how they're set currently, I notice a slightly harsher ride than without them when the bed is empty and I'm not towing, but on the flip side, it feels much more planted and controlled on things like on-ramps.

I towed a similar tongue weight rental RV with a different WDH setup a few months before purchasing ours. This was without the RAS installed. Absolute night and day difference in handling, control, and ride quality. Without the RAS, I was riding around on the overload spring constantly, making the ride quite harsh. With the RAS, the ride quality is super impressive on the Denali. It lets the magnetic shocks do their thing while still operating primarily in the spring travel range of the standard leafs. My wife, who's picky about ride quality, even commented when we got back from our trip last week how pleasant the ride to and from camp was.

IMO, if you tow with a half ton, these are an absolute must-have.
    Last edited by uwskier; 03-09-2022 at 05:38 PM.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up going with the Timbren SES. Made a good difference when towing but when not towing the ride is a little harsher. Even with the spacer removed. Not crazy harsher. It's not intolerable just noticeable.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote for RAS!
    I installed the RAS 3611YHD on my 2019 F150 lariat fx4 super crew 3.5 eco boost short bed. The RAS made a huge improvement in handling both with and without the 2800BH attached. I drove 700 miles one way to save $7k on the purchase of our new 2021 Imagine 2800BH Jan. 2021( No RAS)…
    Then compared with RAS installed on our inaugural shake down adventure (900 miles roundtrip)…night and day positive experience! Also, the install was very straight forward no special tools - DIY - 2 hours! Highly recommend RAS!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed the RAS on my Tundra towing a 2670mk with an Equalizer WDH. It definitely helped with porposing and maybe reduced the sway a little which was not too bad from the get-go.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F150 in my signature. It's money well spent.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.