User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2022 Imagine, 2500RL and travel with 2 cats. The litter box has been in the shower with the drain taped closed, the walls to shower pan taped... so as you can imagine, taking a shower is a chore... not to mention, litter everywhere and don't even get me started on which cat like to take a dump in the middle of the night...

Finally jumped right in and installed a cat door in the bedroom below the wardrobe closet on the passenger side through to the storage bay

Super easy, I did have to move the outlet on the inside and because I didn't move the cat door to the left enough, I had to move the outlet in the storage bay. Had I not made that mistake, only the inside outlet needed to move.

I cut the hole as low as it would go using the bottom 2x2 that was in place, I then put in 2 vertical 2x2s on each side to give it some strength

In the storage bay, I will install a wall just to the side of the cat litter box so they can't roam in the storage bay and get into trouble. I will put that on a hinge so I can open it up and get to stuff on the passenger side of the storage by

Qty 1 - Medium Cat door (PetCo - ~$45)
    Qty 2 - 2x2 boards ~14"
    About 2 hours

Happy travels with your fur babies
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220706_020301542.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	41643

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While our hefty cat (covid pounds!) would not likely fit, the basement door was left open for a short period of time, enough time anyway for a squirrel to find its way into the camper!! Cat was sleeping so husband shoo-ed it out!! Could screen not just be stapled there?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Our fat cats weight 17-18 lbs respectively and they fit through a smaller one in the house, this one in the RV is slightly bigger at 8.9x14.8

Yes, leaving the outside door open is an issue. Since we did the same thing in our Class C, we are used to keeping it closed.

Rick
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12