User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curb side slide top gasket ripping off

Breaking in a 2018 Reflection 367BHS that is our first rv and discovered the curb side living area slide has the top gasket that is attached to the rv and not the slide ripping office rv.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC64D853-473C-49F7-A997-2153A2BF3225.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	29073

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BA1B8A3C-2C33-4054-8FC7-62C3A46A398D.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	29074

Wondering about the following.
    - Any experience fixing/replacing this?
    - Would something like this be covered by our supplemental warranty (can’t remember which one but the inspector said that one was the good one).
    - Are there any other places to shop for GD parts other than authorized dealers?

Thank all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E76BE215-00EA-4739-AC32-54086634A44E.jpeg  
    Last edited by TexasMac; 08-27-2020 at 10:45 PM.
    Full time family
    2018 Reflection 367BHS
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 DRW LB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had to replace that seal, but mine has about a 3" tear at the rear. I noticed it when I was inspecting the roof and wondered how that could have happened to a 1 year old trailer.
    What I found that caused the tear, was the lip from the outside slide frame was cutting into the seal when the slide was in.
    the rear section of the slide was lower than the front. The slide room was crooked..lower in the rear & higher in the front. Causing the lip to cut into the seal.
    There are 2 adjustments underneath the slide that raises or lowers the slide room in its opening.
    I was a little afraid to mess with the adjustments, but I didn't want to hassle taking it in to the dealer.
    So I went ahead and adjusted it myself. I only adjusted the rear one to raise the slide up so the lip wasn't cutting into the seal.
    Success ! Before, when the slide was closed you could see the seal poking up from the rear of the slide.
    Now you don't & the lip is above the seal and not cutting into it.

So I'm guessing the lip on your slide is cutting into the seal and you need to adjust the slide room up to prevent that from happening.
    I wish I had taken before & after pics, but I didn't.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I’ll look at that
    Full time family
    2018 Reflection 367BHS
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 DRW LB