Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    We also have a Ryobi handheld for quick inflation of bike tires, etc. Already had a couple of 4ah Ryobi batteries and saw the inflator at HD for ~$19, so picked one up. Max PSI is 150. Have used it several times to add a few PSI to the truck or trailer tires. It has a digital gauge that is pretty accurate when double checked against the Viar gauge or a separate calibrated digital gauge I have. It does get pretty hot, though, and I suspect it might get tired trying to bring a large tire from 70 to 100 psi.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Tools-Ai...5yc1vZc285Zm5d
    I have that same RYOBI handheld and it is great for bike tires and to add a quick few pounds to car tires. For the truck and trailer I just carry the 120v pancake compressor that will fill the higher pressure tires in no time at all. I let the dually back tires down 10 psi when running empty and the pancake compressor will add it back in about 10 seconds. You can get them anywhere.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a ViAir model 250C-IG P/N 25050 (12 VDC) for $184 + shipping (I guess) from Summit Racing. It goes to 150 psi, and is rated for 100% duty cycle, 0.88 cfm. It is a raw compressor but if you don't mind getting a fill hose, etc. it is a good compressor. I have used them at my work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raife1 View Post
    Looking for help regarding which Viair compressor to get as I don't know enough about how they work. I read several threads on the site, but it didn't help as generally the PSIs they referenced where much higher than mine. I have an Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE, tire size is ST205/75R14 65PSI cold.

The product selection page on Viair says the 300P-RVS is perfect for towables, but then the actual product page says Class B. The Viair 89P-RVS says it is also for Class B.

So there is $100 difference between the two, but I struggle to understand the big difference or what is means practically.

So why am I asking...we picked up our trailer last weekend and then stored it for the week. We got it today and discovered it had a flat tire (nail). So we filled it up down the street from the storage place so we could get it home. I am picking up a Trailer Aid tomorrow and have a compressor at home to fill it back up. But it struck home the need for an option on the road.

Do I even need something this "big?"

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you.
    I bought a portable off brand AC compressor at Lowes that goes to 115 PSI. It was about $100. If it puts air in the tires, I don't need to spend a bunch of money needlessly. My .02 cents.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Ryobi set...impact drill, regular drill, and inflator. I'm only using it for top offs. If I blow a tire or get a full flat I have a spare (which I also check and top off). If that flats too, then it may take a bit longer to fill the tire. Or I wait for road side assistance to get there...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a decision on the inflator and went with the Dewalt DCC020IB 20V Inflator for $99.00. Based on my anticipated use and frequency of use I could not justify the higher cost of a Viair or equivalent. I already have the Dewalt 20V tool system and this device had good reviews and tests. If I did not already have the Dewalt 20v tool system I don't think I would have selected it because the inflator comes as a bare tool, no battery or charger. That would have added about another $129 if you had to by the battery and charger. This Dewalt runs on the 20v battery or 12v. It can run on 110V if you purchase the $40+/- AC cord (AC cord not inlcuded).
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our tires run 80 Psi on the truck and 110 max Psi on the Solitude. I bought this one at Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/12v-15...sor-63184.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compressor.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	29739

It worked/works great. Between the length of the cord and the coiled hose, by connecting to the battery in the front boot of the Solitude I can and have reached all ten tires... However, when coming home to Michigan from Florida this Easter we dropped from 85+ degrees to 35 degrees when we stopped in Kentucky for the night. ALL 10 tires were low by morning. I started filling them and noticed on about the third tire that there was no air moving. I got a couple of miles to a truck stop and had them pumped up. When I got home I found that the main reed-valve in the compressor had snapped off. I made a new valve from a piece of spring steel. After topping off two bike tires and two RV tires so far is is working fine. There are NO REPLACEMENT PARTS available... My 2c
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one has worked well for me. $110
    https://www.pepboys.com/onlineflow-t...roduct/9357343

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Our tires run 80 Psi on the truck and 110 max Psi on the Solitude....... we dropped from 85+ degrees to 35 degrees when we stopped in Kentucky for the night. ALL 10 tires were low by morning.
    Just a note about low tire pressure in the mornings.....

This happens a lot to me when going from east to west and low elevations to high elevations. But in just about every case when I experienced this and others that travel with us (often in caravans) the tire pressure return to 'normal' within a few miles. So, for the most part - no adjustment required.

I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but filling tires at a very low temperatures and very high temps is suppose to be a no-no.

Since you didn't mention how low the tires were I'll assume you knew all this and made the right adjustments. Just thought I mention it in case others can use the information.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 09-23-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12