User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were Westlake . . . and you got hit with a class action suit (10 years ago) . . . and you wanted to stay in the tire business . . . what would you do ?? Maybe, make things right ?? Does anybody have current first hand knowledge of problems with Westlake tires ?

I check my tire pressures before and after every trip. I check tire tread temps at every stop. I visually inspect every tire for tread wear differences compared to the others. So far, I can't find any reason to criticize Westlake.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not advocating one dealer vs another dealer and I have no financial interest in any tire dealer/mfg. With that said, I have purchased 7 or 8 sets of tires from Discount Tires Direct.com. The last set of Maxxis 8008's I bought via telephone because my concern was the same as yours. The person I spoke to advised the Maxxis 8008's were so popular they had difficulty keeping them in stock and promised if the tires were over 9 months old I could return them. Upon arrival all four of them were 6 weeks old.

I too stay 65mph and below when towing because I'm in no hurry. There are many factors that cause tires to "blow" and I'm not sure some of them can be honestly identified after the fact. Under inflation may be the most predominate factor in whether tires perform satisfactorily. I will continue to use the OEM Westlake tires until they show signs of problems such as tread split, sidewall crack, bubble (not typical pooch), etc.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Maxxis 8008s 10 plies I got from Amazon were only about 6 weeks old.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123