Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quality

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quality

Are my quality problems unique to me or can I expect to continue to have issues. I am so far regretting the purchase of my Solitude. The sales manager pushed the "quality" of this line over others. So far in 2 months I am on my third trip to the dealer. This one is a dandy, one of the rear jacks would not retract so had to manually retract this. When I went to hook it up found my rear camera would not work, brakes would not work, no rear lights. Dealer ended up finding that the wiring harness became tangled in the slide out room mechanism and ripped it all apart. This on top of the fact that now the control board is bad on the leveling system, which is the second time back in for issues with the control board.

I understand little issues but a wiring harness entangled in the slide mechanism seems like a pretty serious workmanship issue, and having to take the unit 75 miles with no brakes and having to have someone follow because of no lights is not cool.

This comes after a previous problem of flooding the rear bathroom while flushing the tank because the flush valves are plumbed backwards, the front feeds the rear tank and the rear feeds the front tank.

Just getting pretty nervous now over what I purchased.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to sound like a bit of a cop-out, and it isn’t meant to let GD off the hook, but stuff like this is just too common in the RV world. No matter the manufacturer these kinds of thing continually happen. These things are all hand built and, while some companies have more quality control built in than others, none are really god at it. It use to be things were better but these days there is just too much emphasis on daily build goals than on insuring something is built correctly.

Shame on GD for not catching the water connections during their PDI but I doubt they actually hook up utilities during that basic check.

Hang in there, know that stuff happens, be prepared for it and look forward to happy camping.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Larry. I know people who have DRV's and Luxe's (double and triple the cost of the Solitude) and they have had far more problems than I've ever had with the three Grand Design 5th wheels I've owned. Their repairs were far more extensive and in several cases required trips back to the factory for repairs. I'm sorry to hear about the wiring harness problem. That would bother me as well! But, I think once you get your problems resolved, you should have many years of good service out of your Solitude.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning. Sorry to hear about the problems. We've had a few things to work through as well with the new GD. Indeed, frustrating with something new, common or not. This is our fourth newly purchased RV and all had some issues to work through, however, when these initial problems are sorted out and you get to know your GD things certainly smooth out.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost