User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    I don't care about the covid scam at all. It really had almost zero effect on my life aside from the weeks that they force closed all restaurants.
    But I do not wear a mask, I go anywhere I wish and hand out with friends and strangers with no thoughts of the covids.

The numbers just do not support the fear, and so many people buy into the fear and the lies. So far, according the CDC, around 9,600 people in the USA have died with only COVID as the cause of death. All the rest where dead men walking already and Covid simply helped them cross the finish line a bit sooner.

10,000 out of 331,000,000 people. In other words, death by covid-19 alone is so low on the priority list of things to worry about that I can not force myself to even pretend that it is a thing. So the CDC shows that 94% of deaths related to C-19 had other factors in play, only 6% were otherwise healthy humans.

For me to fully "get back to normal" I just need to .gov to get out of our lives.

If you like numbers... Since Jan 1st, 2020...
    Approximately 10,000 or 0.003 of 1% of the USA population died of C-19 alone.
    Approximately 167,000 or 0.05 of 1% of the population died of C-19 along with other complications.
    Approximately 1,800,000 or 0.54 of 1% of Americans died.... of various death causing things. People die. It's what we do.
    Approximately 9.28% of the 1,800,000 dead people this year were at least partially tied to the C-19.
    Approximately 0.56% of the 1,800,000 dead people this year died only of C-19.

You see where this takes you? Going by the numbers, this does not deserve the attention it is getting.

You can go take the example wildly rebellious rebel Sweden and run numbers. You know... no shut down or anything. The percentages are obviously skewed a bit higher, but not so much so that you would say that killing a nations economy and destroying lives of the poor and the hardest working folks is worth it.

The numbers don't lie. C-19 never amounted to much. Many people at this point don't care at all about it.

https://firststateupdate.com/2020/08...ause-of-death/
    This is the kind of alternative universe thinking and behavior that will perpetuate the Pandemic, make it worse. To the OP's valid question, a proven vaccine and a significant drop in cases and I will consider returning to normal, if that is even possible.
    Last edited by BB&LAB; 09-01-2020 at 08:37 AM.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has been closed and some comments removed and direct political commentary removed. Folks we are an RVing board with a prohibition on politically charged posting.

Please review the rules about this when posting in this section of the forum: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Topics-README and be especially mindful of this bit:

Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
    - Is it helpful?
    - Is it kind?
    Thanks for understanding.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12