User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will it take for you to return to a "normal" life?

As a SCUBA diver, I'm a member of the ScubaBoard forum and recently saw a post in the Cozumel forum from a member about COVID-19. He expressed his concerns about traveling to his doctor. His doctor asked why he was concerned. He asked what it would take for him to resume his dive travels and "normal" life in the midst of COVID-19. I thought that was an excellent question!

Many would say they are waiting for a vaccine. But what if a vaccine doesn't arrive for another year? What if a vaccine is available a year from now but is no more effective than the FLU vaccine?

The CDC has recently stated 94% of all COVID-19 deaths had underlying medical conditions. So, if you don't have underlying health issues, what are you waiting for?

BTW, I don't have any medical issues but if I had underlying medical issues that put me at high risk, I would be waiting for a vaccine and in the meantime:
    - Avoid all contact with all people. No exceptions. Nobody comes in my house.
    - Do curbside pickup or home delivery of groceries.
    - I would wear a mask at all times if I was required to go outside the home (e.g. doctor's visit).
    - Wash hands frequently.
    - Yadda, yadda, yadda
    Last edited by bertschb; 08-31-2020 at 09:28 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have asthma, and am very overweight. That said I have long since returned to normal, because the number of people lost simply doesn't jive with how infectious and bad we were told this would be. I'd like to ask the same of the economy because being out of work just sucks...
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    widespread vaccinations
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will never be normal again. My perception of the world has changed. I believe the pandemic has heralded a new reality for mankind. Mother nature tends to reduce the numbers in a species when overcrowding occurs, disease is one of her tools.

I am not saying it's the end of the world, it's just that humans have to learn to live with communicable disease.
    Last edited by D2Reid; 08-31-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care about the covid scam at all. It really had almost zero effect on my life aside from the weeks that they force closed all restaurants.
    But I do not wear a mask, I go anywhere I wish and hand out with friends and strangers with no thoughts of the covids.

The numbers just do not support the fear, and so many people buy into the fear and the lies. So far, according the CDC, around 9,600 people in the USA have died with only COVID as the cause of death. All the rest where dead men walking already and Covid simply helped them cross the finish line a bit sooner.

10,000 out of 331,000,000 people. In other words, death by covid-19 alone is so low on the priority list of things to worry about that I can not force myself to even pretend that it is a thing. So the CDC shows that 94% of deaths related to C-19 had other factors in play, only 6% were otherwise healthy humans.

For me to fully "get back to normal" I just need to .gov to get out of our lives.

If you like numbers... Since Jan 1st, 2020...
    Approximately 10,000 or 0.003 of 1% of the USA population died of C-19 alone.
    Approximately 167,000 or 0.05 of 1% of the population died of C-19 along with other complications.
    Approximately 1,800,000 or 0.54 of 1% of Americans died.... of various death causing things. People die. It's what we do.
    Approximately 9.28% of the 1,800,000 dead people this year were at least partially tied to the C-19.
    Approximately 0.56% of the 1,800,000 dead people this year died only of C-19.

You see where this takes you? Going by the numbers, this does not deserve the attention it is getting.

You can go take the example wildly rebellious rebel Sweden and run numbers. You know... no shut down or anything. The percentages are obviously skewed a bit higher, but not so much so that you would say that killing a nations economy and destroying lives of the poor and the hardest working folks is worth it.

The numbers don't lie. C-19 never amounted to much. Many people at this point don't care at all about it.

https://firststateupdate.com/2020/08...ause-of-death/
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-31-2020 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Removed political inflection, per forum rules no politics tolerated in this forum
    2020.5 Reflection 311BHS Dual AC, 2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Level 2, 3.73 / 392 Hemi 14,404.34 lb towing and 3,004.34 payload, 2019 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB CC/LB, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014 Wrangler Willys Edition, 2019 Iron Bull 14K 22' Equipment Trailer, 2019 Quality Trailers 7K 18' Utility Trailer

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 60 year old doctor friend with no underlying medical conditions, not overweight, not on any medications, played tennis 5 days/week died of Covid a few days after getting symptoms. He got it from his wife who was asymptomatic.

My sister is a “long hauler covider “ for almost 4 months now. She continues to have “episodic coughing/tight breathing“ issues.

My wife or I will not get near anyone who is not wearing a mask. My wife has a Dr appt tomorrow. One of the screening questions before appt phone call was have you traveled on a plane in the last 2 weeks. If so they will not see you for another 2 weeks.

Wife and I have been tested twice for virus and antibodies. Both times negative.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Scubaboard member here. We have a trip scheduled in December but have not purchased airline yet. For us it's about other countries entry protocols. Seems they change weekly and the airline schedules are continuously a moving target..

Would love to get back to Roatan.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Would love to get back to Roatan.
    CoCo View?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been working thru all of the shutdowns. I fix sometimes filthy coin washers and dryers in apartment and college dorm laundry rooms. RV parks too. I do no wear a mask unless the place ( like a senior complex or store) requires it. It is SO VERY SAD that many people have lost their jobs and livelihood over this C-19 thing.
    My 401K is rockin'. It lost 40K and is back up 20K more then it was before the slump.

It's very sad that some due die. I hope the world will someday soon calm down and get through this. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heat will kill it.
    Masks don't help.
    UV light kills it.
    It should just magically disappear.

So far none of thats true.

If it were then we wouldn't still be talking about Covid.

If no precautions were taken then there would be widespread infections effecting everyone is some form or another. Look at all the close contact businesses that have outbreaks. Imagine if everything were open and people just gathered like normal. It's not that some don't die, it's that when you have an outbreak of large proportions you have to shutdown the business or at the very least slow down production because too many of you employees are sick. Then think about how over burdened the hospitals would be if more got sick.
    Do some of you not get it when you see freezer trucks with dead people in them because the morgue is full. When's the last time that happened?

I just don't get how some people can write it off as a hoax.

Every country did a shutdown of some form or another. Does that mean the whole world is stupid? My wife told me of a lady that goes to the the same hairdresser that is 100% certain that the virus will be gone in November. How stupid does that sound? I guess other countries are waiting for November too. My gosh people wake up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast