Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28G Fresh water tank location

Does anyone know physically where the fresh water tank is for a 2021 28G ?

This may be the wrong way to do this, but I want to add some tongue weight, and see if it handles better while towing.

I was considering filling up my fresh water if it was in front of the axle ...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 191185 View Post
    Does anyone know physically where the fresh water tank is for a 2021 28G ?

This may be the wrong way to do this, but I want to add some tongue weight, and see if it handles better while towing.

I was considering filling up my fresh water if it was in front of the axle ...
    I have a 21G and the two water tanks are mostly over the axles. I tow all the time with full water tanks. Look under your 28G. Locate the overflow hoses and the drain valves. Will give you a good idea where the fresh water tanks are located.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry,

how is your tongue weight ? any trouble needing more weight there ?

When I load up the side by side, as far forward as I can, I'm only at 1100 lbs, when 1600 - 1800 is ideal for me..

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry,

how is your tongue weight ? any trouble needing more weight there ?

When I load up the side by side, as far forward as I can, I'm only at 1100 lbs, when 1600 - 1800 is ideal for me..

I don't know what my actual tongue weight is and I have not carried any toys in the TH. I purchased our 21G because I couldn't find a regular travel trailer that met requirements. We wanted a walk around bed with a front bathroom. Bathroom and refer accessible with slides in. Large capacity tanks and the built in generator was a plus. We did a 60 day Alaska trip in 2018 in a 5W. Planned to make a 60 day circle trip through Canada this past summer but that got cancelled. Have managed 20 nights camping locally this summer before it got too hot.
    Have towed our 21G over 6500 miles. It tows great. I left a bottle of hand soap on the bathroom sink and traveled for two hours on I80 west to rock springs and north on 191. The bottle of hand soap was still sitting on the bathroom sink counter when we stopped for a break.
    Due to the lack of storage space in the 21g, we carry most of our clothing, dry goods, shoes, fishing gear and kayak accessories in plastic totes strapped down under the rear couches. We never sit on the couches since there's only two of us.
    I also installed a heavy duty hitch on my truck because the OEM hitch was only rated for 1200 lbs.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ,

I'm still a beginner, towed an old toy hauler 3 years ago ... but not much ..

How fast do you tow ? I can drive 60 mph no problem, 65 I know its back there, 70 feels dangerous ...

I only plan on towing about 62 MPH ...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ,

I'm still a beginner, towed an old toy hauler 3 years ago ... but not much ..

How fast do you tow ? I can drive 60 mph no problem, 65 I know its back there, 70 feels dangerous ...

I only plan on towing about 62 MPH ...
    I generally tow between 62 to 66 on the interstate. I will speed up to as much as 75 for merge onto freeway or for passing if I need to ensure I'm not blocking faster traffic. I'll drop back down to 66 or less as soon as I safely can.
    I have made eight annual trips from central Arkansas to Idaho and Montana to visit in-laws and one trip on to Alaska and back. I avoid large cities when I can. Will go out of my way to go around Tulsa or Denver.
    One of my rules is to stop for bathroom break and fuel up prior to getting to any cities I can't easily avoid or go around and also schedule my trip through an unavoidable city during non rush hour time frame. Of course being retired helps. We only travel from 300 to 350 miles per day.
    Oh yea, the main reason we purchased the 21G was for dry camping. We camped at several (no hookup) Provincial Parks in Canada while on our trip to Alaska and back with our old 5W. Had a trip through Canada planned for this past summer with about half of the 60 day trip planned with no hookups.
    Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD