User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Kev&Chris

New to fifth wheel camping

We are currently in the looking stages for a fifth wheel. We've camped, but always with a bumper pull. We love the Momentum 350m, but are concerned with our towing capacity capabilities. We own a 2015 GMC 2500HD Diesel CC Short Box 4x4. We don't want to "white-knuckle" drive. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look in at the sticker in the door pillar of your truck it would supply you with some of the information you are looking for. I personally own the 350M and love everything about it. I went with this unit because I too have a F250 with a max 16,000#. The other bigger toy haulers were way to much for me to feel safe pulling it. I went from a TT to this 5th Wheel and it was my first. I was scared, but it pulls so much better then any TT that is correctly setup. The sway is gone and I don't mind taking it down the Interstate at a more comfortable 65 mph. You can look at my signature to see how I am setup and also search the other post on proper tow vehicles. Hope to see you in a 350M one day. Oh and Welcome to the Forum, you will find plenty of useful information here.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kev&Chris
    Thanks for the info. I'll feel a bit more comfortable with our choice.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check out this chart and see if it will help you with your decision. Most recent trucks can pull a lot of weight, but their limitation is their payload, or carrying capacity. I'd be very surprised to see a 2500 that has enough payload capacity for a Momentum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weight Matching.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	1467

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was doing some painting on my fence this afternoon and I had to pull the 350M out of the backyard. So while it was hooked up, I check my truck for level and the camper for level and it all was. I do have airbags but didn't inflate them for this picture. What you see here is 5psi on the bags and that's it, I didn't do anything else.

Attachment 1469
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kev&Chris
    Thanks, I did some more investigating I do believe all the specs/ weights will fall within limits. I am excited to travel and see a 350M in person at a dealership the nearest one is about an hour and a half away. (roadtrip).

Traveling Piper
    We also just bought a 350M and took her out for a 10 day trip. We pulled through the Texas hill country and it did great. There were a few days that were good enough to put the deck out and we really enjoyed that. Everything is going so good, working perfectly, towing like a dream. This replaces a 327 Prime Time Lacrosse bumper pull that we bought new less than a year before we traded for this fifth wheel. The quality and differences have really impressed us. The Lacrosse was nice, but the appliances and insulation is so much better with the 350. We are definitely another happy Grand Design Customer