User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered 4 dimmer switches, 3 control panel adapter plates, and one single switch adapter plate. Also ordered water proof blue LED strip lights and some 2 connector wire. My plan is:

Dimmer on front V lights
    Dimmer on main interior lights
    Dimmer on awning lights
    Install dimmer in control panel with blue LED strip lights for stairs.

Parts start arriving tomorrow. Hardest part will be running the wire for the stair LEDs up into the control panel.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed this flickering with mine too; and it got more pronounced as the battery got lower. The problem went away entirely when I converted to lifepo4 battery.

Quote Originally Posted by S&TDoyel View Post
    Hello CDeschamps...

Apologies for the late reply. The ONLY draw back (and it's very minor) about the dimmer switches and lights has to do with slight flickering of the lights especially when using DC power. We recently boondocked and used DC and/or generator power for a week and noticed when we ran water or say brought in/out the awning or the slid out the lights would flicker. At times, it will do this on AC power but not often. The lights are totally dimable and we still say this is our favorite upgrade yet.

Sld
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked on campers for an RV Dealer years ago. I am good at doing DC and AC repairs and wiring but this puzzles me.
    Okay I have the parts and tried every combination in the world on our 22 MLE to get our ceiling lights to work with the dimmer switch.
    The lights come on bright no matter where the dimmer knob is rotated and even illuminate when the knob is in the off position? I tried red and white switch wires together and separate and so forth. I am not using the white wires on the camper wire at all.
    Now when I hooked the dimmer switch up to the awning lights, it works fine, the awning wire colors are the same as the photos. Any ideas?
    Also the wire colors on our ceiling lights are different than the ones in the photos. Can't find a schematic for them. Or maybe someone knows the color combination for the 22 MLE wires ?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Cowboy...wish we could assist in your endeavor but it's super difficult to provide advice without a schematic. In truth, there was trial and error involved when we completed our upgrade. It seems like many of the models are wired differently. I would be interested in knowing when you figure this out.

Good luck to you and again we apologize for being no help.

The Doyels

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
    I worked on campers for an RV Dealer years ago. I am good at doing DC and AC repairs and wiring but this puzzles me.
    Okay I have the parts and tried every combination in the world on our 22 MLE to get our ceiling lights to work with the dimmer switch.
    The lights come on bright no matter where the dimmer knob is rotated and even illuminate when the knob is in the off position? I tried red and white switch wires together and separate and so forth. I am not using the white wires on the camper wire at all.
    Now when I hooked the dimmer switch up to the awning lights, it works fine, the awning wire colors are the same as the photos. Any ideas?
    Also the wire colors on our ceiling lights are different than the ones in the photos. Can't find a schematic for them. Or maybe someone knows the color combination for the 22 MLE wires ?
    Hey Cowboy, I had the same issue with my ceiling lights on my 337RLS with the rotary dimmer. All I had to do was swap the wires on the dimmer and it worked for me.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Just wondering, has anyone done this mod on a 337RLS? There are two awnings with separate light strips that are fed from one switch in the command center. Does anyone know if the lights are wired with one set of wires going to each light from the switch or does just one set of wires leave the switch and daisy chain from one LED strip to the other?
    I would like to split these lights putting each on their own separate switch and dimmer if possible. Thanks.
    **EDIT** So I finally got around to doing the dimmer mod to my ceiling & awning lights and I'm very pleased! The whole thing took less than 1 hour to complete on our last trip.... 5:30AM when I couldn't sleep, lol. I did the ceiling lights first and had to swap the wires because the first way I connected them they just stayed on and wouldn't dim at all. I then moved on to the awning lights, which on the 337RLS there are two awnings with lights but both are on one switch. Luckily both sets of wires came back to the control panel and were terminated at the single switch. I was able to separate them and install two dimmers side by side to control each awning on its own dimmer. I'll try and post some pictures.

Control Panel with 3 dimmers. These panels are pre-punched for additional switches and are simply covered by the plastic Grand Design label.

Cut the plastic label out, snap in a plastic switch adapter, and install the extra switch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210421_082806.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	33922

Both awning wires attached to new dimmers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210421_080159.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	33923
    Last edited by traveldawg; 05-05-2021 at 10:33 AM. Reason: rotated photos
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar