Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace not coming on automatically

Camping in cold weather and our furnace won’t come on automatically. Set it to come on at 60 but it was 41 degrees inside this morning and I had to turn off the thermostat and set it at 75 to get it to come on. Yesterday was the same and then it only ran a few minutes before shutting off without ever blowing out heat. Had to reset again and it finally blew out heat. Any suggestions what might be wrong? In Silverton, CO and it’s “COLD” Got down to 32 last night. Won’t be back in sunny California until next week. We have a Reflection 27RL with a Suburban furnace.
    Dennis & Phyllis Manley
    2018 Reflection 27RL, 2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6.6 LTZ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After it lit and heated up the trailer, did the furnace try to come on again when the trailer cooled down? I’m going to assume that it’s getting propane. The furnace might need cleaning. Maybe spider nests in the exhaust. I’d think about taking it apart and giving it a good cleaning.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar experience... set up the trailer, turn on the furnace and was rewarded with several false starts...

I had disassembled part of the furnace when a light went on over my head... I buttoned up most of the furnace (left the cover off) and went back inside to the stove and tried to light it... no joy... I knew I had the propane on so I just let the three stove burners “run” wide open, attempting to light them every few seconds... eventually they caught... I returned to the thermostat and recycled it one more time... Bingo!

Now, when we set up, one of the first things I do is light a stove burner...
    Last edited by Ivan S854; 09-02-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan S854 View Post
    We had a similar experience... set up the trailer, turn on the furnace and was rewarded with several false starts...

I had disassembled part of the furnace when a light went on over my head... I buttoned up most of the furnace (left the cover off) and went back inside to the stove and tried to light it... no joy... I knew I had the propane on so I just let the three stove burners “run” wide open, attempting to light them every few seconds... eventually they caught... I returned to the thermostat and recycled it one more time... Bingo!

Now, when we set up, one of the first things I do is light a stove burner...
    That's what we do when we want to start the refrigerator. Light the stove to get the air out of the propane line.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there done that too but this time we have propane working on the fridge and stove and water heater without any problem. Thanks for the suggestion though. 😊

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It hasn’t come back on a few times but once we got it on this morning it shut off when the trailer got warm the came back on when the temp dropped. It seems to mainly be a problem in early morning when it’s extremely cold.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
    It hasn’t come back on a few times but once we got it on this morning it shut off when the trailer got warm the came back on when the temp dropped. It seems to mainly be a problem in early morning when it’s extremely cold.
    That sounds like a condensation problem on the circuit board or in the connections.

2021 Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 cc 4x4 6.4l gas short bed
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on this?

I'm having a similar problem on my 23LDE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCelestina View Post
    Any update on this?

I'm having a similar problem on my 23LDE
    You might want to start a new post explaining all the issues
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question After Winterizing the trailer can you still run the furnace for heat only?

Curious, I just purchased a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 22MLE and I have already winterized the unit. But can you still run the furnace to heat up the trailer without damaging anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast