User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the 295 RL and thought F-150, 3.7L with Eco Boost would be fine. It pulls and feels like its ok but the door sticker on the inside driver side says otherwise. Payload is my biggest issue followed by towing capacity which for my truck is 10,000lbs. for 5th wheel and 10,700 lbs. with travel trailer. The other issue I have with my 295 RL is that it only allows me for an additional 1,123 lbs. as per the sticker on the trailer. Sounds like a lot but things add up very quickly.

F-250 is the minimum I would go with. You can read the other threads on 250 vs 350, gas vs. diesel.

This Wednesday I'm ordering a 2021 F-350 diesel. I've done my research, test drove the trucks and I'm planning for my next trailer. My friend put it this way. We choose to camp so why resist getting the proper truck. Better to over truck than over trailer.

My error is going to be costly as I bought F-150 new last year (there were other factors why I went with the F-150)

You need to take the advice of all those wiser than me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chevy/GMC 2020+ 3/4 ton have way more payload than previous years. My 2500HD 2020 High Country (fully loaded) diesel has 3045 lbs payload. I'm not going to try to pull a Solitude, but I can tow any of these "150" series reflections without breaking a sweat. I can even tow about half of the normal reflections with no issues. The gas version has 3500+.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post

I can only speak for myself, however, I rarely (relative to the big 3) see at Campsites the Nissan Titan, of any configuration, being used to tow an RV, and being a “1/2 - 3/4 timer” I stay at ALOT of campsites. My rationale and thought process leaves me with the question; why does it look like there are so few Nissan TV’s out there? All responses welcomed. Btw, I’m glad that you and your DW are happy with your purchasing decision and at the end of the day, that’s all, for you two, that matters. Travel safe!��
    I tow a 2600rb with a Nissan Titan and it does just fine. I'm close to my limits but not over on any. My last trip there was a Nissan Titan towing a much larger TT than mine. I asked to look at his yellow sticker. He was about 150#'s less payload capicity than my Titan and he was pulling a huge 3 slide TT. I'm guessing he was way over on a few of his specs but swore by his setup.

I have a class A CDL license and use to drive a full sleeper birth truck with 53' van trailer. They get blown all over the road. You learn to deal with it. My current Nissan Titan with 2600rb feels rock solid compared to that. Maybe my tolerance for towing is just higher than most peoples.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have a GD yet... seriously considering a 290BH. But I do have a 31 ft toy hauler TT with 1150 lbs of tongue weight and scaled at 7900 lbs (minus food and clothes, so I figure 8500 fully loaded). I bought an F150 with HDPP specifically because of the high tongue weight. What’s the opposite of towing like a dream? A nightmare? That is what it was. Tail wagging the dog. An the ecoboost? Lovely for jetting around town. Would be great for towing if it didn’t overheat all the time. I was so happy when I sold that thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schiefswret, I understand your points about the Titan's presence in the TV market. No surprise. Clearly, for most buyers and owners in the 1/2 - 3/4 ton TV in N. America, the Big 3 are the only ones in their span of consideration. The general persona of these buyers that I see are Male, 40+, reside in Suburban, to Exburban to Rural locations, and based on that electoral map - more Red than Blue, mid-to-very comfortable income, and light commercial and pleasure-tow users. Said another way, it's a fairly/very traditional, classical "American" personification. Accordingly, its my observation that many of these already have an affinity for at least one American brand, if not totally tripped out in a "died-in-the-wool" manner to "their" brand until all he!@ freezes over. And even for others in this broader group, they're affiliation is clearly still American. I served in Global Marketing roles in Ag, Construction and Mining equipment for years with programs in 20 plus countries, and we had a variety of similar customers - yet a different product mix. The eye opening thing for me is that buyers in other countries. that have generally the same need, buy entirely different brands - and are as loyal to them as this persona is to the Big 3. So it seems an American phenomenon. Secondly, Nissan essentially doesn't market the XD segment at all. I believe they have a huge opportunity to position their marketing message all around the pleasure-tow market, and to a degree the light commercial market. Many of these owners already have an Asian brand sitting in their driveway, and they don't need a full-scale 3/4 ton to tow the larger TT's, the lighter 5th wheels, Boats, Trailers, etc. I think its a real value innovation opportunity to crowd the 1/2 ton one way, and the 3/4 ton the other way to create a segment. Nevertheless, regardless of the vehicle characteristics and performance, they're up against Big 3 loyalty, and their massive marketing spends. My 2 cents!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    I can only speak for myself, however, I rarely (relative to the big 3) see at Campsites the Nissan Titan, of any configuration, being used to tow an RV, and being a “1/2 - 3/4 timer” I stay at ALOT of campsites. My rationale and thought process leaves me with the question; why does it look like there are so few Nissan TV’s out there?
    I’ll preface this by stating I’m a Honda believer. I’ve owned all 3 of the big 3. I would only buy Ford from now on and believe it or not that is mostly based on customer service (second reason for Honda, first is their legendary quality).
    Your post has me looking or noticing them everywhere now! LOL!
    They are out there albeit few and far between and they are generally as loyal as any of the big 3 owners. I was so excited to see the XD Cummins combo. I took one for a drive and it fell flat for me. It was not an overwhelming or exciting experience. Motor felt common, payload was ok, interior was not what I expected.
    Without the Cummins...
    2019 F150 Lariat 3.5 Crew Max tow
    2021 Imagine XLS 22 MLE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234