User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower drain clogged

After the 6th or 7th shower in our brand new 247BH, the shower drain is super clogged. I’ve tried the two things I always do when stuff drains clog - baking soda/vinegar and my little drain auger. The baking soda was ineffective and the drain auger gets jammed like 8” into the pipe. I’m assuming there’s an S bend there or something.

Anybody have any tips for something that might work to get whatever got in there outta there?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may have to take the coroplast down to access the drain pipe, sounds like something stuck like you are guessing. No way to know for sure witthout dismantling some of the plumbing. We have a cut out piece floating in the gray tank and it gets lodged very rarely blocking the tank from being drained. A back flush moves it out of the way. Not sure how or if you even could back flush something that far up the line.

Being new and under warranty a trip to the dealer may be your best bet. Or contact GD and get authorization for a repair service to come to you. They do not cover the service call fee if you call someone to you. Good luck figuring it out.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-03-2020 at 07:42 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    You may have to take the coroplast down to access the drain pipe, sounds like something stuck like you are guessing. No way to know for sure witthout dismantling some of the plumbing. We have a cut out piece floating in the gray tank and it gets lodged very rarely blocking the tank from being drained. A back flush moves it out of the way. Not sure how or if you even could back flush something that far up the line.

Being new and under warranty a trip to the dealer under may be your best bet. Or contact GD and get authorization for a repair service to come to you. They do not cover the service call fee if you call someone to you. Good luck figuring it out.
    Appreciate the advice. Couple more days left on this trip so I’ll head to the dealer afterwards and just keep reminding the family about taking extra short showers in the meantime.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpatey View Post
    After the 6th or 7th shower in our brand new 247BH, the shower drain is super clogged. I’ve tried the two things I always do when stuff drains clog - baking soda/vinegar and my little drain auger. The baking soda was ineffective and the drain auger gets jammed like 8” into the pipe. I’m assuming there’s an S bend there or something.

Anybody have any tips for something that might work to get whatever got in there outta there?
    I have to ask the obvious, is your tank full?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

Being new and under warranty a trip to the dealer under may be your best bet. Or contact GD and get authorization for a repair service to come to you. They do not cover the service call fee if you call someone to you. Good luck figuring it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    I have to ask the obvious, is your tank full?
    Having made the very embarrassing mistake of allowing my galley grey water tank to overfill on our first trip out, I can happily report that I learned my lesson and *this* time a full tank is not to blame.

Thank you for taking the time to reply though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried taking the drain cover off and cleaning out the gunk in it? I do that about once a month.
    Arnold Warnes
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
    2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using a shop vac. You can vac or blow air in the drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I borrowed one of these from a friend to trouble shoot a water line from our spring to our cistern. Waterproof and inexpensive enough to buy one myself. Someone else on the forum has used a similar camera for snaking wires from the roof to the basement on his rig. For $35, might be worth a try before calling out a mobile tech or dragging it back to the dealer. Plus, a new tool!!

https://www.amazon.com/DEPSTECH-Wate...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Dawgs View Post
    Have you tried taking the drain cover off and cleaning out the gunk in it? I do that about once a month.
    I did take the drain cover off but I couldn’t get down any further than 6 or 8”. The parts I could reach were more or less pristine - no exaggeration the shower’s been on 8 times max.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFisher View Post
    Try using a shop vac. You can vac or blow air in the drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hm now that’s an idea. Neighbour’s got one of those big mofos too. Sounds like fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast