User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    It is the 4951KS unit and none of the documents refer to auto closing w/o rain sensing
    https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...rsn=a073076b_6

There’s a customer service number in this PDF.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umbrella icon

Our unit came with the rain sensing type above the kitchen area and it does something unexpected.
    If I just open it, it will stay open until it senses rain or my water sprayer as a test.
    If I open it and run the fan, after a while, maybe 10 minutes, it shuts off and closes by itself, as if on a timer and/or motion sensor.
    Can anyone explain this unexpected and unwanted feature, or is it a malfunction?

Oh yeah, I searched first lol
    Umbrella icon, per our salesperson, means MAXXAIR fan has the rain sensor feature.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the 4951KS unit and none of the documents refer to auto closing w/o rain sensing
    Haven't seen you in a couple of weeks in this thread - maybe you got your problem resolved. However in case your (unusual) problem requires replacement of the fan by the dealer and you haven't had it done yet...

There's a (very small) chance that the dealer would agree to swap in a better fan, such as the one linked below, if you paid the difference.

The automatic rain sensor closure on the OEM fan is a good idea as long as you're not cooking when it starts to rain, or it's not sweltering hot in the trailer when you can't use air conditioning, or it doesn't rain-close in the middle of the night when you're wanting the airflow it brings.

The product linked below can run in the rain while protecting from the rain, and some of its models have other nice features such as a remote control, ten speeds, and reversible direction. I have hovered over them at RV shows a few times and haven't taken the plunge, but if I could get some of the cost of the OEM fan deducted from the deluxe fan and have someone else install it I'd do it in a second.

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/maxxair/p...maxxfan-deluxe

Hope it works out well for you.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this have a remote? What are the set temps for the fan AND the room temp? I've installed 2 Maxxfans in our TT and set the fan temp to match or just below the temp I want the trailer. The fan opens and runs if the room temp is above the fan temp, closing when the temp drops to the fan temp. Took me to figure out exactly to find the way I wanted things set. And I've found the rain sensor great, so I can leave the fans on automatic (open and close to match temp settings).
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Does this have a remote? What are the set temps for the fan AND the room temp? I've installed 2 Maxxfans in our TT and set the fan temp to match or just below the temp I want the trailer. The fan opens and runs if the room temp is above the fan temp, closing when the temp drops to the fan temp. Took me to figure out exactly to find the way I wanted things set. And I've found the rain sensor great, so I can leave the fans on automatic (open and close to match temp settings).
    Hi, it's not clear in your post who or what you're asking about.

When your post is a comment or question about something that someone else has posted, it's best to use the "Reply With Quote" link at the bottom right of that message, which copies the original post's text into your reply. Makes it easier for others to understand the context of your post. Also sends an alert to the person whose post you're responding to, so they'll know of the response and return here to read it.

Do you already have the rain-protected MaxxFan Deluxe I linked in post #13 to @Grandesigner above?
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, I was off the grid for a couple of weeks. The fan still has issues and is on the list of warranty items to be looked at soon.
    I need to find a reliable repair shop in Alb. NM if anyone has a good reference.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan, I have the same rig, ran the fan all day last Saturday and it never shut off unless we turned it off. Maybe it was still wet from the water test? if not you may have a bad sensor.
    2016 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4X4 6.4L SB
    B&W Companion W/Turnoverball
    2024 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, were you plugged into shore power?
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battery only Saturday, 115v yesterday at the house.
    2016 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4X4 6.4L SB
    B&W Companion W/Turnoverball
    2024 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12