Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD Solitude owner with a couple questions after first shake out trip

We are experienced RVers so we fully expect to find and resolve issues in our first few trips. We picked up a new 2020 Solitude 2930RL on Sunday. We are coming from a class A.

Day 1 only found a couple small issues inside, caulking and loose screws no big deal. Felt pretty good that all systems were working and we could enjoy the new digs with a bottle of wine.

Day 2 thoroughly walked around the outside inspecting everything after the trip over from the dealer lot (16 miles). Found the center cap off rear passenger side wheel and the grease cap looking pretty distorted. I was able to get my fingers in and it appeared the castle nut clip was not seated. Phone call to the dealer resolved the issue new castle nut clip and grease cap installed.

Day 3 time to make the 300 mile drive home. I had to stop 3 times to close the entry door and grab handle. Even when locked the door is popping open. ideas anyone?

Several screws on the wheel skirt backed out but did not fall completely off... guessing I will silicone the threads and see how it goes.

Front battery storage area also came unlatched even though it was locked.

TV seems to be wanting to float around on its mount... is there a tie down option for the TV?

TIA

Matt
    2020 2930RL

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are experienced RVers so we fully expect to find and resolve issues in our first few trips. We picked up a new 2020 Solitude 2930RL on Sunday. We are coming from a class A.

Day 1 only found a couple small issues inside, caulking and loose screws no big deal. Felt pretty good that all systems were working and we could enjoy the new digs with a bottle of wine.
    Great to hear you know how too use a screw driver. I find it amusing when owners can't turn the driver themselves.

Day 2 thoroughly walked around the outside inspecting everything after the trip over from the dealer lot (16 miles). Found the center cap off rear passenger side wheel and the grease cap looking pretty distorted. I was able to get my fingers in and it appeared the castle nut clip was not seated. Phone call to the dealer resolved the issue new castle nut clip and grease cap installed.

Day 3 time to make the 300 mile drive home. I had to stop 3 times to close the entry door and grab handle. Even when locked the door is popping open. ideas anyone? If you search you'll find that has happened to more than a few people, adjustments need to be made to the door and locks..how to adjust..I'll leave that to someone else to describe.

Several screws on the wheel skirt backed out but did not fall completely off... guessing I will silicone the threads and see how it goes.

Front battery storage area also came unlatched even though it was locked. more adjusting of locks

TV seems to be wanting to float around on its mount... is there a tie down option for the TV?

You can install strapping or velcro to secure the TV. Kind of disappointed that GD did not supply the tie down.
    Or you can change the mount to a locking mount, we have the MorRyde locking TV mount and it works great.

Enjoy your new trailer, hope this is the last of things that have gone wrong for you
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/